News State of Orbiter Forum, Orbit Hangar Mods

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
Thanks for pointing me to the category view!
Now I have a problem when trying the access a second page of a category, or of a search result. Its says:

Access denied Error code 1020​

You do not have access to www.orbiter-forum.com.
The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site. Contact the site owner for access or try loading the page again.

The first page with 20 results works fine, but trying to open any subsequent page shows this 'Access denied' message.

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Now I have a problem when trying the access a second page of a category, or of a search result. Its says:

The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site. Contact the site owner for access or try loading the page again.

The first page with 20 results works fine, but trying to open any subsequent page shows this 'Access denied' message.
Might have something to do with the "anti-scraping" measures in place. The other day when I tried browsing the catalogue (by manually clicking in the browser, mind you!), I was presented 3 times with a captcha riddle. Not good. If this is necessary, can we have it skipped for logged-in users, please?

EDIT: seems to work now, though. Is a kind of user-skip already in place?

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

Sorry, some of the automated protections we've had to put in place on that area of the site are a bit trigger happy on occasion. You should be able to access, now.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I can't download mods except Vostok from page below.

In OHM, Download button leads to the list of available mods. They seem to be not available in OF.

View attachment 29404
Yeah, this is a known issue with the way the two different platforms handled files. The files are still available, but they're not represented in the addon entry yet. A handful of addons uploaded to OHM between 2019 and 2022 have this issue if they took advantage of OHM's support for multiple files during that time.

A fix is in the works.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Just a question about Orbithangar....

What's the difference between "public" and "orbinauts only" in the add-on section ??? :unsure:
It's the implementation of this:
To safeguard the interests of add-on developers who would prefer their content not be retrieved in this manner, we're also introducing a separate section for add-ons which require users to be logged into their Orbiter-Forum accounts to browse. Content moved into these subcategories will therefore not feature in any such API; only add-ons left deliberately in the "public" categories will be able to be viewed without an OF account. We believe this approach allows individual content creators to make their own choices about how their content is handled.
From here.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
BTW I saw some add-ons that were deleted and then recreated in a different category. As a heads-up to everyone, you don't need to delete and recreate your add-on just to change its category -- it's easy to move it:

1659632422487.png

A "Move addon" modal pops up:

1659632587577.png

..and then click on the "Destination category" drop-down and click the new category for your add-on. Then click "Save":

1659632630542.png

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
BTW I saw some add-ons that were deleted and then recreated in a different category. As a heads-up to everyone, you don't need to delete and recreate your add-on just to change its category -- it's easy to move it:

View attachment 29778

A "Move addon" modal pops up:

View attachment 29780

..and then click on the "Destination category" drop-down and click the new category for your add-on. Then click "Save":

View attachment 29781

FYI, that option doesn't show up for me; I think this is something only OF staff can do.
1659632985075.png

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
So @Xyon and I looked into this, and it looks like the permission for moving add-ons ("Resources", as the Xenforo Resource Manager calls them) is hardcoded for moderators and admins only. So if anyone wants to have their add-on(s) moved to a different category, please DM any staff member and we'll be happy to do it for you. 👍

Ericman832

Reaction score

so thats why I can’t access the entire forum?