Updates STS-134 Updates

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Figures, now that the shuttle is retired they are going to squeeze every damn penny out of us that they can.
Once again, a HUGE mistake to depend on the russians for our manned space flight; we just got screwed big time !

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Won't be long til we're locked out of our own modules. :facepalm:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Pay them?
Yeah that is disgusting. Don't tell me the film cost that much.

Didn't they use digital?
However, it's entirely within their rights. If you take a picture yourself with your own equipment of anything relevant, you can charge for it whatever you want and if a party is really interested they'll fork out the cash. That's how the freelance photographer business works.

Krikkit

Reaction score
These are only rumors but I wouldn't put it passed the Russian government.

It is more about wanting recognition for their new position as the worlds space superpower than any money.

I am just waiting to hear about the new 2012 ISS docking tax, and a causeway tax to get from the Russian docking port to to US orbital segment.

Dambuster

Reaction score
Shouldn't people hold on to their getting pissed-offedness until after we actually know whether NASA will be charged? Right now you're getting all wound up over what is ultimately a rumour, and using it to trash the Russians - which quite frankly just isn't fair.

You act like the Russians are the bad guys in this program - why don't you take a step back and ask if it's really right to be talking trash about your partner in a program over a rumour.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I was'nt trashing the Russians. I was saying that we americans were stupid, to put ourselves in this situation. :thumbsdown:

Dambuster

Reaction score
I was'nt trashing the Russians. I was saying that we americans were stupid, to put ourselves in this situation. :thumbsdown:

Perhaps, but that's a reason to get angry at our own 'side', not at theirs.

agentgonzo: I'm not quite sure what you mean.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Check this out!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-FzYdYT724"]YouTube - ‪Endeavour Space Shuttle Night Re-Entry 01-06-2011 Mexico‬‏[/ame]

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Dito; our stupidity has led us to a situation were we have a beautifull expensive station up there with no means of getting there ourselves.
We sure have messed things up............

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Dito; our stupidity has led us to a situation were we have a beautifull expensive station up there with no means of getting there ourselves.
We sure have messed things up............

I was thinking exactly that.
Try to imagine the US press coverage, if some other (non-US) space agency had managed to plan themselves into a similar situation. I don't think cooperation with that agency would be encouraged. :lol:

I think that rumor is a case of the-best-defence-is-a-good-offence, and it will be forgotten when the footage is released. Let's just calm down and wait for some reliable news.

:cheers:

agentgonzo

Grounded since '09
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.quorg.org
agentgonzo: I'm not quite sure what you mean.
I was just meaning that rumours quite often turn out to be false. There was a rumour after the Soyuz landing that the memory card with the photos was lost. This turned out to be not true. I'm just saying don't get worked up yet about a rumour that may turn out to be false.

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
While I am indignant at the thought of asking for money (the actual photographer was Nespoli!), please remember that NASA kept nagging for a risky flyaround of dubious scientific or technical value. I would like to thank the guy who invented the "ISS flies around the Soyuz" approach, since it reduced the risk to manageable levels.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
On a lighter note, Endeavour helped catching two car burglars during her final approach! :hailprobe:
Link

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Fantastic news story! Endeavour had a beautiful launch, a flawless flight and proved her worth during landing! A lovely way to end her flights.