Tell us about yourself!

Shaun

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm Shaun, I'm a bit of a geek and I'm fascinated by space flight. I should find myself right at home here :)

MikeB

Reaction score
Mike from Maryland. Main interest is constructing scenarios involving sight-seeing near planets and their satellites. Isn't rocket science fun?

Krys

Resident Female
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Rocket science.....maybe...science in general - yup!

Talyn Dude

Reaction score
Greetings everybody! I'm Mark and live in the Uk. I have been playing (and loving) flight sims since the heady days of the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64!
I have been flying Orbiter only a couple days but am totally blown away, I finally got to fly an Eagle from Space 1999!
When on the ground I play guitar, mostly blues and classic rock, and spend a lot of time talking nonsense (lol)

Clear skies to you all
Mark

Astronut25

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have always been very shy, but recently I've been trying to break out of my shell, so here goes.

I found Orbiter while looking for a free space flight simulator, Space shuttle missions 2007 wasn't free and it wouldn't work on my computer, but luckily I asked the right question in google and a link popped up about Orbiter, now thats about all I play.

My first attempts at launch were very humorous, launched straight up, and came down just as fast. Shortly afterward I found the balance and immediately shot for the moon, without knowledge of how to, flying past it at ridiculous speeds or totally missing it. it took about a month for me to figure out how to, but Mars took about 3 months, mostly because I didn't notice the tutorials or manuals. Now I can go anywhere.

Now before Orbiter I was always fascinated about space travel (being a mild Trekker) doing anything I could in school to prepare to work for NASA or another space agency.

Recently I've found a program at NASA called ACCESS that I almost qualify for an intern engineer for them, so I'm working to get into that, right now I've got to get into a 4-year college to qualify

First NASA, next Mars, then beyond (hopefully)

fost

Reaction score
hi there orbinauts!
my name is Fausto, 31 years old, and i'm from Italy
i live in a very small town (less than 1500 people), i work in a factory of train wheels and my hobbies are:
_play football, i'm a trainer of a young guys team
_go cycling
_travel (for example: last year i did italy-china by train via russia and mongolia on the transiberian railway... amazing...)
_listen music... old good rock like pink floyd, rolling stones, led zeppelin, deep purple, just to say the majors
_visit the solar sistem (only with orbiter... sigh)
i discovered orbiter randomly and the first time it wasn't a big shot for me... just another sim program.
but... some days later... it took me definitively, and now i'm able to travel in the whole solar sistem. thanks orbiter!!!
cheers to all... bye bye
Fausto

P.S. only a minute of silence for all the astronauts i have killed with orbiter, because of several crashes, reentry flames or lost in space depths... sorry guys

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Welcome to the forum! :hello:

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I should probably post here at some point...

My name is Eric, I'm 19 years old, and I live in the sprawling metropolis of Farmington, Maine. :) It's very hilly and cold up here, but that happens to be the way I like my weather...

I have a beautiful wife and a step-son. We are currently working on popping out a few kids, though unfortunately we have not been very successful thus far. :(

As far as education goes, I'm a CNA student who aspires to be a paramedic for the local EMS service here. The ambulance showed up at our apartment this past summer because of some serious symptoms my wife was experiencing (chest pain + head injury, good times) and the EMTs were great, especially considering we woke them up at 4:00 in the morning.

I found Orbiter through an FSX forum. I immensely enjoyed Microsoft's FS series, but like most other MS products, they tended to be unwieldy. My Vista installation is now confined to a small partition in my hard disk, kept only alive by Orbiter's existence. I now primarily run Ubuntu and use FlightGear.

I like to walk, drink coffee, dabble with various programming languages (Python being my favorite), worship the probe, and spend time with my family.

Sar

Reaction score
Hi, I've been on and off from orbiter since pre 2006 P1 I'm not really an academic type of a guy, but at my spare time I do like to study philosophy, learn more about math and physics etc. In my books math is close to philosophy, they both try to solve problems and figure the surrounding world out.

Anyway in reality I'm a cook thriving to become a chef one day hopefully in a couple of years. Away from work I'm a married guy with two children, even though people online tend to think I'm old after I tell them about wife and kids, in reality I'm in my early twenties so not that old now am I?

Anyhoo, just wanted to poke a bit and make myself known. I'm most likely not posting all that much, but I'm hanging around anyway. If someone wants to ask about food, feel free to PM me. It's what I do and love!

Oh and what comes to orbiter I just managed to dock shuttle fleet atlantis with ISS and I have high hopes that I don't kill everyone with the reentry in a couple of days.

cougarman1701

Reaction score
New to Forum

Hello Cougarman1701 here been playing on Orbiter for quiet sometime now I have made sucessful docks with MIR and ISS. Love the game and the reality of the physics of space flight involved. Let see from Texas originally infact moving back there in about 4 months I work corrections. Not much else to say right now.

as-506

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My Name is Andreas and I`m 16 years old. I live in Bad Säckingen, Germany. My hobbies are football(soccer), orbiter of course and video games.

Dambuster

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My Name is Andreas and I`m 16 years old. I live in Bad Säckingen, Germany. My hobbies are football(soccer), orbiter of course and video games.

Welcome tot the forums, Andreas! :hello:

Diversion

Reaction score
Just me...

Hi there,
Passionate for flight simulators (MS and FG) I found Orbiter back in 2006.
First flights were a fiasco.
Physics in space were quite hard to handle with... rendez-vous, time windows, sling shots using planets...
After a while (and using the help given by good tutorials) things started to get clear and more enjoyable.

Somehow life drove me apart from my hobbies up until now.
So...looks like I'm back...
My name's Pedro, 43, from Sintra, Portugal.

Wish you all a Merry Xmas!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hi there Pedro, welcome to Orbiter-Forum! :welcome:

bande

Neofita
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
my name is Matteo and I type from Milan, northern Italy :)
i first began with Orbiter 1 or 2 years ago, but now i'm spending much time over it, 'cause i want to improve a lot, not only playing in my spare time!
right now i can reach the Moon and back, make a rendez-vous with the ISS and not much more, but i'm serious this time, i think i will finally learn!
see you around, byyyyyyyye!

(sorry for my bad english, feel free to correct me if i make some mistake, thx!:cheers:)

Kosmonaut

Reaction score
Hello!

Greetings and Happy Holidays!

I'm very new to the Orbiter world, having just installed the sim this week. It' looks fascinating but I have yet to make heads or tails out of any of this "Trans-X", "Transfer" or "Align Orbital Plane" stuff. It's all Greek to me so far. LOL! But I'm the persistent sort...:thumbup:

Now a little about me. Name is Dave, Retired Royal Canadian Air Force, avid amateur astronomer and computer gamer, lover of Italian food and good beer! :cheers:

Looking forward to talking with as many of you as I can.:tiphat:

Kosmo

Last edited:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Greetings and Happy Holidays!

I'm very new to the Orbiter world, having just installed the sim this week. It' looks fascinating but I have yet to make heads or tails out of any of this "Trans-X", "Transfer" or "Align Orbital Plane" stuff. It's all Greek to me so far. LOL! But I'm the persistent sort...:thumbup:

Now a little about me. Name is Dave, Retired Royal Canadian Air Force, avid amateur astronomer and computer gamer, lover of Italian food and good beer! :cheers:

Looking forward to talking with as many of you as I can.:tiphat:

Kosmo

:welcome: to the world of Orbiter, Dave! :cheers: