Project The Infinite Improbability Drive

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You know, I think this has real potential ......... Let me just go fetch a cup of really hot tea and a piece of fairy cake to work a few things out. :p

docabn

Reaction score
Awesome idea. I've got my beer and peanuts standing by for the trip.
As for the random destination. the Msss MFD v2.0 might help for out of system travel.
As for the random location in the system not sure how but you could possibly use the number typed into the MFD to actually be a random number string so that the end results are the same each time you use that particular number.

As for the process it should be a random and absurd as possible.
If you typed in 100 trillion to one for example the computer could speak back and announce events like;
” Probability 10 trillion to one” and “there are a bunch of angry penguins in the cargo bay”
“Probability 1 trillion to one” and you see a whale float in front of the view screen
“probability 100 billion to one” and if you happen to look at the outside of your ship the mesh is a tea cup……until you do arrive at your destination.

flaugher

Reaction score
Faaar out! All I ask is that there be a big button on the center of the console.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Or you input some number giberish, or have it choose some itself and it chooses an X Y Z, dX dY dZ and UTC time to place your ship at. CTD and worse weirdness should be par for the course.

Pablo

Reaction score
Website
orcid.org
Don't forget to write something like "Made by the Syrius Cybernetic Corp." somewhere, or make the MFD say something lime "Hummmyummmyah!!"