Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Hmm I've heard of people having this problem before. That happens when for some reason the data files become corrupted.

I'd suggest reinstalling from the zip file, or redownloading.

Cheers

Edit:

This should make building ships less frustrating:

Last edited:

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
I got also some smaller bugs:

1. If you're in the VAB and KSP is running in the background (and background running is enabled), if you move the mouse over your screen, there are these item select sounds as if the focus were on the programm.

2. If I use Radial Decoupler, I can't attach a Stack Decoupler on the central stage anymore (as seen in the picture):
attach.JPG
It helps if I move the attached boosters a bit more upwards, but I should still be possible to attach a Stack Decoupler here instead.

3. Is there a way of creating stages at your own?
Because if I try to use radial decoupler on an upper stage, the stack decoupler below will join the same stage.
multistage.JPG

But anyway, it's a great game. Maybe it would even convince some people who want more space flight to orbiter... ;)

edit:

btw: If just the command module and some last stage remains, the control via keyboard is quite sensitive. It's very likely you overcontrol.
Also, I defined my jostick in the launch pad, but it does nothing ingame. Is there a possibility to reset joystick configuration or to override it inside a cfg file or similar?

edit2:
And we need a Heatshield and Reentry flames! :D

Last edited:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Regarding problem nr 1: even during flight the camera zooms in and out as if scroll wheel movement is registered even while running in background. Doesn't happen with keystrokes luckily. :)

Jarvitä

Reaction score
3. Is there a way of creating stages at your own?
Because if I try to use radial decoupler on an upper stage, the stack decoupler below will join the same stage.

Yes, you can drag the boosters, decouplers etc around on the staging sequence view as you like.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Yes, you can drag the boosters, decouplers etc around on the staging sequence view as you like.
No, I meant to create new stages. Sometimes the give stages, created by attaching decouplers aren't enough, because different decoupler join the same stage, but I don't want them to fire at the same time.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
well, good work is always rewarded with more work. ;)

But I would recommend not thinking about going commercial too soon. Simply because, while you have costs, you still badly lack quality, which means you have little value yet to offer for the money. Also, I doubt that you would get 6000 customers from 6000 downloads. Maybe a hybrid approach would be smarter there, adding commercial content to the game later building on the free engine and basic game. Like having multi-player servers. Or special technology packs.

Alejandro

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm part of the Kerbal Space Program development team. Currently we are having issues with the server so the site is down due to excesive amount of downloads, we have stablished a mirror download in here: http://bit.ly/kspv08win

Thanks and sorry for all the mess :)

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I just got a 509 when I tried to access your server.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Its not dead, the bandwidth limit of the hosting has been exceeded. HarvesteR didn't expect things to get so big so fast.

diogom

Reaction score
Well, I didn't mean "dead" :lol: And that's really good! Means its having more success than expected.

HarvesteR

Reaction score
Whoa the server's 509! damn!

This means all our effort to prevent, well, just that, have failed...

We have already ordered the unlimited plan from the hosting, but it might take a day or 2 for it to kick in.

About the bugs reported, we're onto them already ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Looks fantastic! 20 seconds remaining in the download...

This looks a lot like Spore, which is one of my favourite games (or was). Fantastic!

Sorry, I need to go now, the download finished!

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Even on the lowest quality setting, it still lags quite a lot :( I hate my year-old computer... I haven't got enough CPU speed or video card RAM, apparently. I was hoping it would work anyway, but it was obviously pointless :(

Warringer

Reaction score
Say... did anyone try to use a liquid upper stage with SAS to control the decent of the capsule to get a soft landing instead of using the parachute?

I'm pretty sure that the stage will violently explode on ground contact. :)

Another thing that should be modded in:

A nuclear engine.

It could share the mesh of the normal liquid booster, with some tweaks in the texture.

Pros:

High Thrust
Low Propellant use
High Temperature stability

Cons:

Very delicate (can explode very easily and messy)
High weight
Due to the design it can't be switched off entirely and has to at least run at 10 percent thrust.

HarvesteR

Reaction score
New update:

Here's what I've been doing today.

* The smoke trail from the engines now fades away when nearing the edge of the atmosphere.
* There is now a framerate cap. set at 300, to keep GPUs from screaming on light scenes.
* I tweaked the sound falloff scale, and now explosions are audible.
* I also tweaked the attachment method, and the wobbling experienced with stacked tanks under a tricoupler is gone.
* I also added a Sound Normalizer. It keeps the volume in check even with 50+ boosters firing.
* Also, there are new settings in the cfg file to tweak the normalizer parameters, or turn it completely off.

On an unrelated note, I want my forum back :(

Cheers

---------- Post added 07-11-11 at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-10-11 at 09:52 PM ----------

New update:

Yesterday I downloaded a user-made parts pack, and had a blast with it :thumbup:

But I then realized that some features are desperately missing, and set out to put them in.

So now, it's possible to set aside a part of the stack. Just drop it anywhere that isn't the ship, and it'll stay there, semi-transparent. You can then pick up that bit and attach it again.

I had to rethink the symmetry because of that, and caught a few bugs with it. It's still not a perfect solution, but it's much better now.

Now, the last part missing is flagging the attachment nodes as taken with the symmetrical parts, and some more stress-testing for bugs, and the symmetry/auto-align/part-setting-aside set of features will be ready.

Then, comes the aerodynamic drag correction, and that pretty much closes up this update.

If there's still time, we might take a chance at the new terrain engine... but if it proves to be too much for the few days we have left, we'll leave it at that, and release the new terrain with version 0.9

Oh and the website is nearly good again. The databases have been moved to the new hosting, and all should be up and running as soon as the DNS servers update themselves.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

New video:

Cheers

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Finally downloaded this and had a quick go. This is a terribly amusing program you guys have come up with! :thumbup:

But it makes me wish there was a drag-n'-drop editor GUI for Velcro Rockets. :lol: