Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
So if an engine is directly docked to a tank, it will tap off it? Huh. Good to know.

Docking ports act as fuel lines.

In other news, Berfa flew, however it'll take some redesigning to get it to carry a payload further than 80km.

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't know how career mode will evolve, but if "reuse" of expensive hardware gets a bonus, add a few landing legs, a parachute and a small tank to the dockable engine and you've got a a first stage you can reuse, by undocking the "less" complex and expensive tank after reentry if it's dry, or leaving it "wet" in orbit and then proceeding with a deorbit burn using the small auxilliary tanks on the dockable engine.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I did manage to make a (mostly) stock orbital fuel tanker. Only addons: Procedural Fairings and Mechjeb. I can land it within 30 meters of my targeted landing zone.

goaowonk

mnlaflojalee
Reaction score
Has someone found a way to align wheels so I can make some base modules AND a couple of wheel-things for carrying them? I'm still stuck at trying a part number-friendly one that does work and doesn't explode when testing.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Has someone found a way to align wheels so I can make some base modules AND a couple of wheel-things for carrying them? I'm still stuck at trying a part number-friendly one that does work and doesn't explode when testing.

Try building it in the SPH, then moving the .craft file to the VAB. That way the symmetry will hold, and you can test it on the Runway.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Try building it in the SPH, then moving the .craft file to the VAB. That way the symmetry will hold, and you can test it on the Runway.

The only problem with that is the weird issue when returning to the VAB. But that will be taken care of in the new update.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Joined the SSTO club.

3xb8.png

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Maybe it's just the epic music, but this is pretty awesome. :)
Check out his previous video for an addon that merges parts to increase FPS

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, and the carreer mode is now operational, though incomplete. You have to launch missions to earn "science points", that allow you to unlock technologies that give you access to new rocket parts. A turning point : now, you have a goal. :thumbup:

Pablo49

Reaction score
.22 is really solid, having a lot of fun with it. The science gathering has pretty nice pacing. I'd like eve more instruments and experiments to run in the future. Some parts seemed to be in weird nodes, I would have liked the sputnik analog in the first node. Overall very promising.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Its really more fun in career mode :)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
One thing I don't understand - higher tier antennas having higher energy requirements, but lower throughput? :confused:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I like the "back to basics" feeling : you don't even have a decoupler to send your first Kerbal in space... erm above the ground. The first rockets are really elementary :lol:

The Mun is definitively a viable scientific objective early in the game. After all, it is only a few hours away, so the Mk1 pod seems perfectly fine for short munar missions.

Gathering data on place like deserts or poles can also earn a non-neglectable amount of science points. In fact, you don't even have to leave the launch pad to unlock the first tech level. Ground tests and simple environemental observation, seems fine. ;)

Also I like very much the R&D Center soundtrack. Renders the bold heroic spirit of the first Kerbonauts.

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
The Mun is definitively a viable scientific objective early in the game. After all, it is only a few hours away, so the Mk1 pod seems perfectly fine for short munar missions.

It really is nice. I'm in the midst of constructing a Munar lander, the one quip I have is no batteries in the early stages :/