Gaming The Kerbal Space Program - Version 1.2.x

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
If the first engine drains fuel from all parts, like monopropelant for RCS parts, then if the probe is loaded with the rest of the vessel the "Probe" will be considered part of the vessel and used. At least that is my experience.

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
Yup, the Jet Engines drain liquid fuel from all tanks. You may need to lock the fuel in the probe with the green arrow left of the fuel gauge when right clicking the tank part.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
I'd last been playing KSP regularly around 0.24.5, and launched a mission today with four tourists aboard. There are two factors relevant to the mission that I was unaware of, that would have changed my spacecraft design had I known:

1) It is now possible to transfer crew without performing an EVA.
2) Tourists cannot perform EVAs.

Naturally, since I was unaware of item 1, and this is not a fuel transfer shuttle, it has no docking port.

So now I have to manually edit my save file to perform the transfer. :-/

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Ever wanted to play a Sims game with your Kerbals? :p

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
A good friend of mine got me a birthday present!

fig_kerbal.JPG

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Be careful there...that might actually be made of solid LiquidFuel. :lol:

It tastes more like a Minmus rock than anything (which sadly turns out not to be like candy), but who knows what that fuel stuff is even made of, anyway? In any case, having it on the desk, as well as being a fire hazard, may inspire a new career in KSP after many months away.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Had a quite interesting bug :

I attempted to plant a flag on Kerbin's South Pole. The flight was uneventful and the landing trivial (poles are flat like giant runways). However, as I was taxiing to get on the South Pole precise location, the aircraft exploded. Massively. All parts at the same time. I was like ".... err... what ?".

Pressing F3 told me that all the parts suddenly overheated, causing their destruction. I was carrying the surface scanner, which displays GPS coordinates : the disaster occured when I was under 89.9° . So I suspect that the thermal model calculations get a bit crazy when the value is very close from 90°.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
So that's my 21th Kerbal in the cemetary :stirpot:

---------- Post added 10-14-15 at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-13-15 at 08:27 PM ----------

My first functional Kerbal Shuttle. The ascent is a bit tricky (late in the ascent, I have to throttle down manually the "Skipper" to keep thrust balance), but it works.

Ridiculous (and rather harmless) unkerbaled launch failure, because I forgot to put an antenna (RemoteTech) :

8C3ofj5.jpg

SkqjHs0.jpg

hriCkJM.jpg

Off we go !

N5eOCQW.png

7S1ReMh.png

zPPn0XR.png

nsx0WPN.png

yF6JDw5.png

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
FYI, 1.0.5 arrived, if somebody isn't on auto updates.