The Manhigh Expert has arrived!!!

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
Hi to all,

well here I am! chipstone306, I got your message and decided to sign up here right away :). To all others: i'm interested in everything about the high altitude balloon flights of the 1930s and the 1950/60s. The most material I have is about the Explorer II flight in 1935 (72,395 ft) and the three flights of Project Manhigh. So, if somebody wants to know something, feel free to ask!

Cheers :cheers:^^

Lunar_Lander

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Hi to all,

well here I am! chipstone306, I got your message and decided to sign up here right away :). To all others: i'm interested in everything about the high altitude balloon flights of the 1930s and the 1950/60s. The most material I have is about the Explorer II flight in 1935 (72,395 ft) and the three flights of Project Manhigh. So, if somebody wants to know something, feel free to ask!

Cheers :cheers:^^

Lunar_Lander

:welcome:

:cheers:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hiya Lunar Lander, welcome to the forum! High altitude balloons are fascinating, especially that guy that jumped out of one! :)

:welcome:

Chipstone306

Reaction score
manhigh

hey lunar lander post some links! any new ones besides the ones you sent me ?
I am still reading up a LOT of info in ths links too bad the addon is still just being talked about!

Chipstone306

Reaction score
pics

Hey great avitar gonna add pic links from manhigh? Any new news from the launch in august you told me about in saskatchewan next year for the new world record?

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
Thank you alle for the welcoming posts ;) !!!

Nope, unfortunately no links beside that I already gave you. And nothing new about the Saskatchewan launch :(

If I find something, I will post it here.

The pics are from here:

http://web.mac.com/bemidji2/iWeb/Site/Man%20High%20Photos.html

But does anybody have access to the publications of the British Interplanetary Society? They once had an article about the ONR Strato-Lab program in their magazine.

Last edited:

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
If you're interested, visit my MySpace page (I added the link at the board, look left :) ) and the blog there. I'll try to write down the Manhigh Story there. Currently Part I and II are up. I would appreciate every comment about the entries (here or at mySpace).

@chipstone306: Did you get the books I gave you the title of? (I'll post the book list here in a few days).

That would be all for now.

Cheers,
Lunar_Lander

Chipstone306

Reaction score
BOOKS

no? what list ill check up here going skydiveing for the first time next week ! definatly not a 100,000feet jump but 10,000 feet sounds good enough for me!

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to drop by, to announce, that I would like to have ideas for a Manhigh Memorial Mission Patch Series. This should include a patch about the overall project, three individual patches for each flight and some kind of 50th anniversary patch.

I already have ideas for the first one, but would be really pleased, if you also have suggestions or post sketches of your ideas. This can happen here, or we can open another thread for it.
(@chipstone306: If there is so much interest in Manhigh, should be consider to open a new Manhigh-only area on the discussion board?)

So, if you have ideas (and time to bring them onto a piece of paper, keep em' coming :)! I will also try to produce some sketches in the next days and then share them with you here.

Cheers :cheers:,
Lunar_Lander

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
Hi, I'm back!!!

Sorry, haven't had much time in the past weeks, but I made a draft that I'll upload here in the next days ;)

Cheers,
Lunar_Lander

Lunar_Lander

Reaction score
OK, as a little Christmas present by me, here's Patch Draft #1 :)

manhighpatch1dv8.jpg

Feedback is appreciated !

Cheers and have a Merry Christmas :cheers:,
Lunar_Lander