The Probe brought me back!

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

after a long time i am back where i belong :tiphat:

Life can be complicated but eventually it sorts itself out somewhere down the road.

I missed quite a lot. New Orbiter release, UCGO, DX9/DX11 Graphic Clients, the ShuttleFleet is gone (again...), TEX is no longer Admin. Time has really passed.

I lurked the forum for the last few days. Happy to see the "old" folks are still around.

I installed orbiter and a lot of addons. Tried a few simple DGIV missions. Launching, docking and reentry went smooth like riding a bike. But man the landing can be really hard :(

Unfortunately i lost my DGIV skin and a few config files in the last years :facepalm:. Backups are a neat invention :lol:. It's time to do it again.

I have a few unanswered questions regarding the 2010 release, Win7, the DX Clients and some other things. Probably already answered somewhere. If not i know this orbiter forum :cool:

So long story sort, happy to be back :cheers:

May the :probe: be with you.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Oceanic! Welcome back, Tex is back on the admin team again so not only did you miss his departure you missed his return as well! :lol:

The latest beta of Orbiter provides some nifty features and changes to the UI overall, I like it and prefer it over the normal Orbiter 2010. I've yet to brave a DX client but there has been plenty of support for it in the various forums. Of course, if you do have any questions you are welcome to post them and I'm sure someone can help you out.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Welcome back! I never even talked to you before since I think you left before I joined, but I wanted to tell you that your reentry tutorial was the one that finally taught me how to return home, so I'm glad to see you return.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Welcome back !!

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
thank you all! :blush:

Welcome back, Tex is back on the admin team again so not only did you miss his departure you missed his return as well! :lol:

:facepalm:

i really have to catch up on everything :)

the beta sounds interesting! gonna look in to that

:cheers: