The twilight craze.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The Twilight movie is what you get when you turn Underworld into a chick flick.

Yikes. And of course, also mix the worst stuff of Blade 2 into it.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Most male depictions in such stories like Twilight are so much diluted, that you could place a girl into the same place and let the story be a honest lesbian romance - you would not have to change a single aspect of the plot. :lol:
Heh, at that point though, the book's (and movie's) audience would've been reversed--every single teenage male (and many non-teenage) would've read it, and nowhere near as many females would have.

atuhalpa

Orbinaut
Reaction score
Kids are stupid and dumbed down. They don't read the classics and watch too much TV. They are a doomed generation. They will reap what they sow. Twilight is garbage pure and simple.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Kids are stupid and dumbed down. They are a doomed generation.

A doomed generation? Perhaps that was said in the 70s of that generation? :p

They don't read the classics and watch too much TV.

TV is bad but "classics" are not? Just because you may like a certain form of media does not mean that it is better then another.

That does not stop most television nowdays from being utterly moronic though. ;)

Twilight is garbage pure and simple.

That it is.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Kids are stupid and dumbed down. They don't read the classics and watch too much TV. They are a doomed generation. They will reap what they sow. Twilight is garbage pure and simple.

To you. there are things that I know you like that I'd find crap.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
So how far off was South Park's characterization?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I know people, that's enough.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Underworld is a chick flick. With guns. At heart it's a love story, but you need some gunplay and explosions to draw our guys along.
I still don't get why it took him so long to die at the end.

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score

I hardly ever watch TV, and most of the books I've read in the last year were written from 1940-1977. Does that make me not doomed?

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Thing that upsets me, is that twilight is outplacing in the fan view of classics such as Lord of the Rings and the Old Star Wars movies. Its insane in schools, but I HOPE it will die down. I had to endure the whole movie before because I had to go see the movies and only thing that might have been interesting was the Twilight movie, I should have walked out at the very beginning but that would have been a waste of a good 10 dollars.

Ark

Reaction score

Your generation's parents said the same thing about Elvis.

Twilight is only popular because it's written at about a 4th grade reading level and is stuffed with cliches that have a track record of selling well to 14-year-old girls, who statistically are the stupidest people on the planet.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
It seems pretty risky for me to be in this topic on a school computer in the library. It's only a matter of time before a Twilight fangirl sees what the discussion is about and whacks me on the back of the *ow*