Discussion The Ultimate Chinese Space Discussion Thread!

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
I hate how the Chinese are still so secretive over launches.

GoForPDI

Good ol' Max Peck
Reaction score
Well, they wouldn't want America to know about the Anti-American Lunar Laser Death Star project would they?

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
<< Catching up on my reading after having been away from the forum for months >>

Yikes! If someone hasn't beaten me and streb2001 to it, methinks it's time to add some new scenarios and vehicles to the Chinese Manned Space Program add-on.

Am contacting him now...

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
15 space docking technology patents granted (CCTV News)

China's State Intellectual Property Office has granted a batch of patents on the docking technology used in space modules Tiangong-1 and Shenzhou-8. The move consolidates China's intellectual property rights over the technology, as they become the third country in the world to master orbital space docking.

The first batch of 15 patents was granted to the China aerospace science and technology corporation. The institution has applied for 45 patents in relation to the new technology that was used in the Tiangong-1 and Shenzhou-8 space missions.

Information provided by cctv.com

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Parabolic Arc: Will Italy Build Modules for Future Chinese Space Stations?:
Now that China has its Tiangong-1 space station in orbit, the rising space power has a great bargaining chip for concluding cooperative agreements with other nations. This week, China signed a deal with Italy that could see the Italians helping to build future Chinese space stations and flying their astronauts to them.

Italian Space Agency (ASI) President Enrico Saggese was in Beijing on Wednesday to sign a cooperative agreement with China National Space Administration (CNSA) President Chen Qiufa. The deal covers science and exploration, space transportation, Earth observation, telecommunications, satellite navigation, and education, according to an ASI press release.

{...}

MattBaker

Reaction score
"We can't build a space station, you can't handle your economy, deal?"

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
According to my sources, two Chinese orbital launches will occur during the next 60 hours. Stay tuned here for the latest news! :)

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
<< Catching up on my reading after having been away from the forum for months >>

Yikes! If someone hasn't beaten me and streb2001 to it, methinks it's time to add some new scenarios and vehicles to the Chinese Manned Space Program add-on.

Am contacting him now...

I'm trying to convert a Tiangong mesh to Orbiter. Still lots to be done, but it is usable. I also have a Shenzhou mesh with the docking port to match the station. If someone is interested, just send me a PM.

111129194611tiangong.jpg

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
NASASpaceflight: China return Long March 2C to flight with YaoGan Weixing-13 launch:
November 29th, 2011 by Rui C. Barbosa

China has launched a new remote sensing satellite on Tuesday, with the YaoGan Weixing-13 satellite lofted into orbit from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center. The launch - which took place at 18:50 UTC - also marks the return to flight of the Long March 2C launch vehicle, following the August 18 launch failure that doomed the SJ-11 ShiJian 11-04 satellite.

{...}

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
NASASpaceflight: Philatelic Cover Reveals the secret names of second Taikonaut team:
December 7th, 2011 by Tony Quine, Igor Lissov and Rui C. Barbosa

22150_single.jpg
|The names of the military pilots selected in 2010 to form China’s second group of taikonauts - which have been a closely guarded secret for the last 18 months - appear to have been released to the space community, due to a possible philatelic blunder.

Chinese Taikonauts:

A space collectibles website is offering a postal cover for sale – apparently signed by the five men and two women who make up the group. The cover is dated 10th May 2010 which is the date which the Chinese have previously mentioned as the official date that the group were appointed to the Chinese Astronaut Team.

Liu-Yang-2.jpg
Wang-Yaping-2.jpg
|
The two women taikonauts are named as Liu Yang and Wang Yaping. Wang had previously been identified, and exclusively revealed as a taikonaut by these authors (Tony Quine, Igor Lissov) in November 2010, when sources close to the Chinese programme had, when pressed, confirmed her inclusion in the group.​
Liu Yang is also known to be a member of the same generation of Peoples Liberation Army Air Force female transport pilots as Wang, and has previously featured in the Chinese media for her aviation exploits. As such, her inclusion in the group is logical and there need be little doubt about the accuracy of her name appearing on the offending cover. Liu is believed to hold the military of Major, whilst Wang is a Captain.​
Recent reports from China during the Tiangong 1 and Shenzhou 8 missions had mentioned that two women, together with seven men from the original 1998 taikonaut selection, formed the nine person training group for the anticipated Shenzhou 9 and 10 flights, planned to visit Tiangong 1 in 2012.​
We can now be certain that the two women are Wang and Liu, and that, in all probability, one of them will become the first Chinese woman is space, within the next year.​

The names of the five men were recorded in the note accompanying the postal cover as Zhang Hu, Chen Dong, Cai Xuzhe, Tang Hongbo and Yi Guangfu. It is possible, even likely, that these names have been read from the handwritten signatures on the envelope, although Chinese space forum sources have helped to verify these names as far as possible, from interpretation of the signatures.

These five men are not involved in the Shenzhou 9 and 10 missions, suggesting that they will have to wait until at least the Tiangong 2 series of missions scheduled no earlier than 2013 to reach orbit.

The new astronauts will certainly participate on the manned missions for TianGong-2 and TianGong-3, and we should expect that China will select a new taikonau class within two years.

{...}

collectSPACE: Names of China's secret spacemen – and women – 'uncovered' by collectible