Two questions: Screenshots and "Skipping"

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I've got two questions for you:
1) How do I take a high res screenshot? I tried using the Prt Scrn button, but that was very low quality. Is there a way I can take it with higher quality?

2) On almost every orbit around the earth, at some point Orbiter freezes, then comes back, jumped to a different spot. Its annoying when i'm doing time warp to catch up to ISS, and suddenly it freezes, and i miss my mark. Any idea what could be causing this? And usually it happens with the DGIV

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1. What resolution do you run your Orbiter at? If you run at 800 x 600 then the screenshot will be that as well.

Also, if you use Microsoft Paint to do your JPEG compression... well, it's Microsoft.

2. It might be your computer in general to blame, not Orbiter.
What's your system? Do you have anything else running like anti-virus systems that might be scanning?
Do you listen to music in Orbiter? It takes a bit to load the next song sometimes.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
2) On almost every orbit around the earth, at some point Orbiter freezes, then comes back, jumped to a different spot. Its annoying when i'm doing time warp to catch up to ISS, and suddenly it freezes, and i miss my mark. Any idea what could be causing this? And usually it happens with the DGIV

That's caused by the base you are orbiting over loading. I have the same problem when orbiting over certain places. I only ever get this at faster than 100x though.....

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
AFAIK, you can set the rendering altitude for bases, so they won't affect you in orbit.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
AFAIK, you can set the rendering altitude for bases, so they won't affect you in orbit.

Really?! How? I've never come across that and it would be most handy.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
Okay, new question:
I was browsing around OrbiterSound, and i found ATC Radio Chatter....so does that mean theres a way I can "communicate" with ground bases? And how?

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Okay, new question:
I was browsing around OrbiterSound, and i found ATC Radio Chatter....so does that mean theres a way I can "communicate" with ground bases? And how?

No. All it does is make random ATC noises.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
No. All it does is make random ATC noises.

Actualy it just plays back predefined files, so they are always in order. You can get several ATC recordings on OH and elsewhere.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I've got two questions for you:
1) How do I take a high res screenshot? I tried using the Prt Scrn button, but that was very low quality. Is there a way I can take it with higher quality?

Re:1 This a good tilty for grabbing screenshots:-

http://www.orbithangar.com/advsearc...uthor=default&category=default&subcat=default

N.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I just thought it was important to point out the ATCs are not "random".
So that people who like to do so could reenact missions live to the radio chatter.