Software UCGO ARROW FREIGHTER CARGO "DEPLOYMENT"

haze39

Reaction score
Hi

After landing the UCGO Arrow Freighter on another planet/Moon,and after the deployment of the cargo which allows to bulid stations,i cannot actually figure out how to "open" the deployed cargo "boxes"?.

Next issue is how to make a proper hower lift-off with the Arrow Freighter from f.ex.KSC/Edwards earth bases?

regards
haze39:hello:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I think Dan mentioned in the development thread about how to "cheat" and use the Arrow inside Earth's atmosphere. But of course the Arrow isn't designed for it...

I recall him mentioning how unweildy it is, I haven't done it myself, I've been sticking to airless planets/moons.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
He did, there is a tweak you make to the config file in the documentation. I've been able to launch the arrow from Ascension Island

vonneuman

Orbinaut
Reaction score
What do you have to do to the config file, because I have been trying and failing to land on mars? The hovers are on full and the arrow still drops like a rock.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
From the UCGOarrowfreighter config file:

;NOTE: GOOD VALUE TO TAKE OFF FROM EARTH: "HOVER_THRUST_POWER=60.0e6"
; The Arrow was NOT designed for atmospheric rentry.

adamb193

Lighting Geek
Reaction score
You can reenter the ship and fly it in the atmosphere and do cargo drops and get back into orbit stock. But you can't land it without killing everyone. It is pretty fun to see how accurately drop cargo onto bases.

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
If you go into the .cfg you can alter the thrust of the mains, hover and thrusters. You can also change the fuel usage which is a good thing as i use the jump drive mfd and that eats fuel at an obscene rate.

After boosting the thrust of the hovers, I was able to successfully land on mars. Even had to do it manual all the way as for some reason I STILL could not find a frequency for the landing beacon...

KosmoKen

Lost in Translation
Donator
Reaction score
Even had to do it manual all the way as for some reason I STILL could not find a frequency for the landing beacon...

Have you tried pressing F4, then "Object Info" then selecting the XPDR beacon to find out the frequency? I think the default is 121.00 MHz.

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
Have you tried pressing F4, then "Object Info" then selecting the XPDR beacon to find out the frequency? I think the default is 121.00 MHz.

Actually the default is 121.5, but I've gone through all available frequencies, and looked at object info, navaid etc and it simply was not there. after I landed, I got out, repackaged the beacon, restarted the scenario and redeployed the beacon and it showed up.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Remember that the beacon has a range of 1,000km. if you aren't in range then you won't pick it up.

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
I have another question.

Is there a way to change the angle of the lights that come with the default cargos? For most issues they are fine, but there are instances where I would like them to angle up pr straight out.