Request Umbrella Corporation Livery/Reskin

grid4dante

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of the modders here would mind making a Umbrella Corporation repaint for either/or the DG-IV or XR-2. If needed, I can post a logo or any information on the skin. What I had in mind was something simple:

Black base color with the Umbrella logo on the wings and vertical stabilizers, and the words "Umbrella Corporation" on the cargo bay doors. Also, maybe up something along the lines of a typical aircraft registration number ( "N462UC" for the XR-2 and "N464UC" for the DG-IV) near the nose, under the cockpit.

Thanks much,

grid4dante

EDIT: I set the prefix for Request, not sure why it didn't take

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
:hello:

Please post logo links and information and I'll see what I can do for the XR2 and possibly XR5 for you. :)
I enjoyed the first film based around the Umbrella Corperation, so would like to see a skin out there myself. Not the Umbrella products mind you.

I found logo styles for you to view... A few are very good.

http://www.adobetutorialz.com/content_images/AdobePhotoshop/ART-D/tutorial439/18.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/download/91749565/Umbrella_corporation_by_steelgohst.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/images/5/50/UmbrellaCorporation3.png

http://rocketdock.com/images/screenshots/Umbrella_Corporation.png

http://alina.megaobzor.com/Umbrella Corporation logotip/itog.jpg

I take it that the aircraft numbers you quoted are from one of their helicopters or is it a number related elsewhere.! Any other info welcome.

Thankyou.

Last edited:

grid4dante

Reaction score
Actually, the numbers are ones I just came up with, trying to follow normal aircraft reg numbers. 46 is a joke amongst me and my friends for "Game Over"( in a text message, pressing "46" is GO), 2/4 for the XR-2 and DG-IV, so 5 for the XR-5(mobile research lab/barracks for UBCS?), and of course UC for Umbrella Corp. As far as the logo, I like the 2nd and 3rd you suggested for the craft. I agree on the movies, I've seen all four of the live action ones, and part of the digital one. I've always liked the RE world, and kinda had the idea for Umbrella repaints just pop into my head.

Thanks again,

grid4dante

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I like the third choice, just to add my opinion.

I love the Resident Evil games, but haven't seen any of the movies yet. I own Apocolypse, but didn't want to watch it until I had seen the first one.

Very interested in seeing an Umbrella Corp skin.

grid4dante

Reaction score
I like both, for different reasons. #2 is simplistic, looks like something that would be low profile, or lower profile anyways. IMHO, it would be good for the XR-5. The XR-2, however, has a more pronounced and elegant shape, so I'd say #3 for the Ravenstar.

Also, I just realized a goof that I made in my original request. Reg numbers for aircraft are also known as TAIL numbers, and I had requested that the reg number be under the nose, when it should be on the vertical stabilizers instead...

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
I enjoyed the vessel number makeup explanation, nicely thought out so I'll use N465UC with option 2 for the XR5 and N462UC with option 3 for the XR2. They should be simple enough.

And I would have chosen option 1 for the XR2 and option 3 for the XR5, just to vote myself... :)

grid4dante

Reaction score
Hey, Penny, don't forget about the modder's "artistic license" now... if you think something will look better, or does look better, then by all means do the thing that looks better. I will add this in, though... I have the soundtrack from the first movie, and I'm thinking set the playlist in the Radio/MP3 MFD and have it play while I'm cruising around :)

oh, and long long overdue, :hailprobe:

grid4dante

grid4dante

Reaction score
Wow, just... Wow...

Just DLed the Vanguard, and it is amazing looking..

Thank you very much for this, Penny! Can't wait for the Ravenstar to roll out of the paint bay...

Now, if you don't mind, I need to run some "pharmaceuticals" to Mars. lol

:tiphat: to ya

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
Thankyou grid4dante... :tiphat:

Owe, before you fly off, I've just learnt how to create cargo and textures for them, so will do some Umbrella containers for you to fill your bay with.

You can never have enough eye candy or T-Cell vacines or contaninates.

There easy to do and I will have them ready later. :)