Project Universal Astronaut and Cargo System (UACS)

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks gattispilot for help! Yes, you shouldn't download UACS-master.zip as this file contains the source code and no compiled modules. Download AlphaX.zip instead.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Trying out things. I was not able to grapple the cargo. And was not able to release. or Unpack. From the menu it looks like I should be able to unpack/pack cargoes from the eva guy, right?
i61aZP2.jpg

LvBVuJR.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Specific commands (grab, pack, etc) work only in the HUD mode specific to that command, it seems.
Not sure what you mean? I saw the command in the HUD of the EVA guy. BUt seems like it was n't working

Primus

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't specific. Here's what I mean.

To handle cargo items (to grapple, to drop, to pack, or to unpack), you must switch HUD modes (press ALT-M) and make sure you are in the cargo HUD mode. See below. Pressing ALT-M alternates between various HUD modes. For instance, to enter a vehicle, you must be in the vehicle information HUD mode. You cannot handle cargo in the vehicle HUD mode, or enter a vehicle when you are in the cargo HUD mode.

cargo hud mode.JPG

As to your specific question about grappling and packing/unpacking:

When you're in this HUD mode (I called it the cargo HUD mode for lack of a better name), come close to an item, like the flag, and press ALT-G to grapple it. To drop a grappled item, press ALT-R.

To pack an item, be sure you are in the cargo HUD mode (see above), and come close to the item you want to pack (do not grapple), and press ALT-P. The item will turn into a cargo box. To unpack, press ALT-U.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Also, note that the commands do not work when you are in the HUD mode which describes shortcut keys for specific commands.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed at the poles the guy behaves weirdly. The movement is not correct. At the poles al Malapert for example. If the heading is not 0 the guy moves sideways. General vehicle does this also. But @Max-Q rover doesn't. I am trying to get a rover to work and getting that sideways motion also

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Trying to figure thing out. On the cargo. I don't know if you can save the animation state of a cargo vessel.

Also when the cargo is unpacked it is below the surface. But if you move it then it is at ground surface.

KpjSc3u.jpg

DIm7RS2.jpg

0xHjnLk.jpg

Here is how it should be unpacked then the user deploys the array, legs,...
xdJ147l.jpg

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1673519929796.png

I worked really hard to make a super-customizable ground release algorithm. Now you can specify a ground release position, a column direction, a row direction, spaces between each row and column, and max column and row count. Works for both airlocks and cargo slots.

1673520068222.png

Reaction score
Hi to everybody, hi Abdullah,

i tried to implement the UACS into the expired DanStephs ArrowFreighter. I figured out, that in case of a huge shipsize (150m) the Astronaut ingress into the ship doesn't work. Neither with Ingress into nearest station nor with Ingress to selected station. The reason is, that Abdullah compares the Astronaut position with the ships position and not with the position to the dock. In case of the Arrow Freighter the dock positions are far away of the ships center of gravity. Abdullas code does only allow to ingree to nearest station if the Astronauts position is within 10m of the ships center AND within 10m of the dock. This is not possible in case of a big ship where the docks (airlocks) are far away from the center of gravity of the ship.

Did anyone of you experience the same on other ships? I changed Abdullahs source code, that it works for "my" Arrow Frighter on my local machine. Did anyone of you tried to ingress into a ship NOT using ALT + I, but CTRL + ALT + I to ingress into a specific ship into a specific station. For me, it didn't work on any ship. I had to change that part of Abdullahs code as well.

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi to everybody, hi Abdullah,

i tried to implement the UACS into the expired DanStephs ArrowFreighter. I figured out, that in case of a huge shipsize (150m) the Astronaut ingress into the ship doesn't work. Neither with Ingress into nearest station nor with Ingress to selected station. The reason is, that Abdullah compares the Astronaut position with the ships position and not with the position to the dock. In case of the Arrow Freighter the dock positions are far away of the ships center of gravity. Abdullas code does only allow to ingree to nearest station if the Astronauts position is within 10m of the ships center AND within 10m of the dock. This is not possible in case of a big ship where the docks (airlocks) are far away from the center of gravity of the ship.

Did anyone of you experience the same on other ships? I changed Abdullahs source code, that it works for "my" Arrow Frighter on my local machine. Did anyone of you tried to ingress into a ship NOT using ALT + I, but CTRL + ALT + I to ingress into a specific ship into a specific station. For me, it didn't work on any ship. I had to change that part of Abdullahs code as well.
Hello!

I am working on a massive update that will be released soon (next few days). I don't have enough time to write a developer manual, but it will come with a detailed user manual.

As for your issue, it will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Glad to see this working again. I have played around with vehicles/vessels movement. And found issues where near the poles the movement is distorted. I will email what we came up with.

Reaction score
Hello!

I am working on a massive update that will be released soon (next few days). I don't have enough time to write a developer manual, but it will come with a detailed user manual.

As for your issue, it will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Hi Abdullah, great to read, you are back.

Just to let you know, in your Core Astronaut.cpp under Ingress your code is:

pVessel->Local2Global(airlockPos, airlockPos);
pAstr->Global2Local(airlockPos, airlockPos);

but airlockpos is not initialised. you could add

VECTOR3 airlockPos,dir,rot;
pVessel->GetDockParams(airlockInfo.hDock, airlockPos, dir,rot);

before your 2 lines. That should fix the issue. and also uses the distance to the dock and not to the ship.

best regards

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Glad to see this working again. I have played around with vehicles/vessels movement. And found issues where near the poles the movement is distorted. I will email what we came up with.
Thanks! I will check it out.
Hi Abdullah, great to read, you are back.

Just to let you know, in your Core Astronaut.cpp under Ingress your code is:

pVessel->Local2Global(airlockPos, airlockPos);
pAstr->Global2Local(airlockPos, airlockPos);

but airlockpos is not initialised. you could add

VECTOR3 airlockPos,dir,rot;
pVessel->GetDockParams(airlockInfo.hDock, airlockPos, dir,rot);

before your 2 lines. That should fix the issue. and also uses the distance to the dock and not to the ship.

best regards
Thanks for your help! I noticed that while reviewing the code. It working fine now.