Project Universal Car for Orbiter (UCO)

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
True, if in the incoming month ng with opengl client become mature with good rendering I'll probably adapt my addon, for yet this is still not the case.

NEWS:
-------

I needed to adapt my installer to take care of new Vista & Seven right managment and to make some changes. Done, working 100%
Don't jump out, release is still planned for december, and I don't mean the 1st december ;)

UcgoPreviewtruck11.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The second December? :lol: Please not on Saint Nicholas, I plan attending a traditional Christmas concert that day... Bagalutenwiehnacht.

kevinvr

Reaction score
WHO spoiled to you the SECRET release date !!???
rant.gif

Nah, it will *probably* not be the 2nd also ;)

Dan
I''ve just finished installing win7 a few minutes ago. I'm soooo excited about your add-ons :woohoo:
Gonna load orbiter 6 and 9 and see how they work :)
roll-on dec:thumbup:

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Seeing the installer's image, for those that wonder where is the version 1.0 of UCGO :)

I've decided to start with "2.0" because UMMU 2.0 and DGIV-2 will also have this number, so it's more consistent and more simple to understand. "upgrade all to 2.0 and voila"

Dan

Dambuster

Reaction score
Dan, will you be making the vehicles (and maybe the Arrow? :)) easy to skin like the DG-IV is?

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
What's in store for the DGIV-2, besides the cargo upgrade?

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
What's in store for the DGIV-2, besides the cargo upgrade?

Cargo update :)
*maybe* action area so UMMU can open/close nosecone, turbopack, bay door.

In fact I do a new DGIV version only because of the old UMMU SDK bug that CTD with more than 20 vessel, as this limit is now very fastly reached with UCGO cargos it was required.

(Cargo don't appear in F3 list else it would be a nightmare, you can't select them appart with the scenery editor)

..and it is this years December right? ;)

Maybe ;)

Dan, will you be making the vehicles (and maybe the Arrow? :)) easy to skin like the DG-IV is?

Sorry no, would require too much time. But doing a skin is easy, copy the mesh, change texture path at end, copy the config voila.

Dan

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
NEWS:
-------

Made a "moon base" that will come with UMMU 2.0 just to demonstrate "permanent breathable area" in one scenario

My design suck ? Of course, it was made in two hours and is only here to show a feature and give the envy to authors to do better ;)

"A feature that no one notice is a wasted feature"

UcgoPreviewtruck12.jpg

Last edited:

vejiita

Reaction score
Cool dan ! Now all we need is a conference table, a few "comfy" chairs and some video-conference cameras and we can control our evil empire from the moon ! :D

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
NEWS:
-------

Made a "moon base" that will come with UMMU 2.0 just to demonstrate "permanent breathable area" in one scenario

My design suck ? Of course, it was made in two hours and is only here to show a feature and give the envy to authors to do better ;)
<image was here>
So; not only will we be able to catch a bus with UCGO; We could also become inteplanetary real estate agents!?

Where will the new features end!? Please get the addon out before Orbithangar cannot store the thing! :lol:

(Serious mode ACTIVATED)
Great job with this addon; looking forward to flying my Swift ( [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2877"]Swift1[/ame] ) to Florida airport ( [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1468"]Autopilot 1.72 with AIRAC and worldwide Airports[/ame] ) then catching a bus to KSC (UCGO of course!) Can't wait for December (2009?)

willy88

Tinkerer
Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Cool dan ! Now all we need is a conference table, a few "comfy" chairs and some video-conference cameras and we can control our evil empire from the moon ! :D

Or use the "area" as a box depot. :p

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com

Instead of making the interior static, how about having some of these things made into potential cargo?

That way we can 'redecorate' the interior. :thumbup: