US draws up space tourism rules

Chipstone306

Reaction score
I know I was just worried about the subject matter we dont need m6 behavior here...but seriously I dont like the idea of one country making the rules for space travel I would prefer a world body to make decisions as to who can go up

ps bj you are comming close to my post record should i be worried lol

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I know I was just worried about the subject matter we dont need m6 behavior here...but seriously I dont like the idea of one country making the rules for space travel I would prefer a world body to make decisions as to who can go up

O agree on that part, I don't think it should be a single country should make the rules, but I think these rules should be respected.

ps bj you are comming close to my post record should i be worried lol

Is it a contest? If so I forfeit. ;)

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Every country has the authority to make rules for spacecraft taking off or landing within its own borders. The UN has no authority over the FAA, especially for domestic affairs. Spaceflights involving overflights of other nations are already covered by international law and treaties.

And you're making a flamewar where there is none, why even bring it up?

Chipstone306

Reaction score
I am a little confused is there not a world body to govern over the laws of space travel ? I thought the UN was involved in treaty over resources and the use of space by foregin nations? I am more alarmed that they are ruling out getting involved in medical issues with possible tourists!

ps i edited the original post

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, there's no world body to govern anything, let alone space travel. The UN is not authorized to make laws.

A [legitimate] government can only be formed with the consent of those it purports to govern, and right now nobody who can fly in space sees a need for it. After all, there aren't very many people in space, anyway. And the existing treaties cover it pretty well for now. In fact, I think some of those treaties go too far.