Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now... that's what I call marketing!

:lol:

What else do you expect of a president (elect), who has two Grammies at home...

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Seems kind of unnecessary for the President-Elect to have an official website.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Indeed I think the opposite.
300 million brains can have more good ideas than a single one.
It seems a good way to let citizens to propose ideas.

Before the last election here I gathered emails of politicians to submit simple ideas.
Minister Leonardo Garnier implemented it when his party won.
I did not care about the credits, for in either case he implemented it and it benefits everyone.

To me this presidential website seems a great chance to provide feedback.

You would be amazed if you realized that politicians are also humans, not mythical and distant creatures in the other side of TV screen.

I am going to give you one good reason why you should be part of the solution:
See this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7715873.stm

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Seems kind of unnecessary for the President-Elect to have an official website.

Well, i think it is also kind of unnecessary to have 3 months between election and becoming president.

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Well, i think it is also kind of unnecessary to have 3 months between election and becoming president.

It used to be five months, you know! :lol: Besides, the electors have not even cast their votes yet.

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score

We need to leave time for the losers to challange the vote counts and run the thing up to the supreme court.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
It is 3 months of economic procrastination, interest rates held artificially low, waiting to be released next year and let economy to crumble.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Indeed I think the opposite.
300 million brains can have more good ideas than a single one.

I've never been a fan of mobthink.

idiocy.jpg

joeybigO

can't get in a word edgewise
Donator
Reaction score
I posted this in tweeter:
I think it's kind of dumb to have a sign that says: office of the president elect (notice no caps) as well its not a title. He is not President Obama he is Senator Obama right now.
Where is Bill Engvall when you need him? Here Mr. Engvall hold my sign...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
And he has an office. Even I have one.

Maybe I should make a homepage: http://theofficeof.theguywhoisalwaysslowingthessudevelopmentdown.com

That he was able to put it under the .gov TLD is really a bit over the top, as his office is only slightly more official as others. But from the intentions and the message it delivers, it is a good idea and it shows that Obama has understood what the Internet is good for.

He still has not more power as any other Senator, but he makes things look like he can't wait to get started and really wants to do the job. I am sure, even those people who criticize him for that homepage, have exactly the same interpretation in their heads, even if they would quickly sort it under the category "overeager".

And that is the IMHO a good example of the skills in which Obama excels: He knows how to use various forms of communication to transport not only words, but also influence the interpretation. Which, is generally called rhetoric, but of which only few people on this planet know, that it contains also non-verbal communication.

A single mimic can turn the sentence "Of course I have experiences in foreign relations. There are places in Alaska, from where you can see Russia." from a sign that you must be insane into a ironic remark.