Project VesselBuilder for Orbiter

Gargantua2024

The Desktop Orbinaut
Reaction score
I don't see any other release links that I know of, but he has updated it over time and IMHO very, very good enough to use on Orbiter 2016. It is the same version I used in making the Magellan addon and 2016 adaptations of Pioneer 10 and various shuttle payloads previously working only in 2006/2010

WolfAngriff

The NSEU (Never Satisfied End User)
Reaction score
Hello.

I've checked this wonderful thing this morning (french time). I've tried to roughly do something with an old addon. So, the rocket lies on its belly, got a CTD as i tried to burn the thrusters, but i have been able to get a vessel with a (non-working) VC ! Well, the tool is pretty intuitive and could be easy to use. But people who want to should learn about how things are done in Orbiter first. I haven't managed to put the rocket on its tail, and the engine doesn't work either, but it doesn't come from this addon. I do know that my knowledge about touchpoints and thrust vectors in Orbiter are pretty poor, and the positive point is that this addon pushes me to learn more. ;)

@Jango Fett : This is purely the Orbiter's learning curve : first you crash vessels, second you fly vessels, third you create vessels. And, meanwhile, of course, you hail the almighty Probe and give thanks to Dr Schweiger every tuesday :LOL:. For now the Vessel Builder's Doc is light, but the dev said that it will evolve in the future. So, if i can give an advice (under addon developpers' control), read the Orbiter's manual, read the addons' manuals (all of them), check the forums, try simple things first, have fun, enjoy beautiful things, then open .ini and .cfg files, modules, meshes, vessels, spacecrafts, look at how it's done, how it works, take your time, and then, do something. But please, don't forget that Orbiter 2016 is not a video game. It's a space flight simulator. The most satisfying i know...

@fred18 : thank you... one more time ! :cheers:

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
So, the rocket lies on its belly, got a CTD

This might help:
Start by creating your spaceship in orbit and get your mesh axis sorted out.
You need to define landing points before you try to land the vessel.

Jango Fett

Reaction score
c++ , tigers , and bears oh my! I don't even know what landing points are? what I need is the user manual and a basic spacecraft that I can edit!

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
maybe it will be easier Multistage2015 I met a lesson on YouTube on how to make a rocket for O2010

Jango Fett

Reaction score
no, not a multistage but I have another question can you get the stock spacecraft as an addon spacecraft?

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
c++ , tigers , and bears oh my! I don't even know what landing points are? what I need is the user manual and a basic spacecraft that I can edit!
there are examples included and youtube videos in the first post. try emulate those, it should definitely help!

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hello
I was wondering ... can we animate the wheels when driving (linked with the "Numpad +" key = main thrust ) with VB of course... ;)

I am in the process of adapting my Tintin's DC6, which has very many animations.
It can now move and flies...
little step after little step I am getting there.

But I stumble on this problem: can we make roll the wheels when the plane is moving forward, and then stop rolling the wheels when the plane stops?

dc6.jpg

Thanks for your help, and sorry with my bad english...

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can someone help on the MFD part. I have a square mesh group. And can set the corners for the mfd. But all I get is screen. The setup for the screen is actually the column buttons. And not sure where the pwr/mnu and sel buttons go
nZv6GRG.png

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The three buttons, power, select and menu are spaced between the two coordinates.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hello
I was wondering ... can we animate the wheels when driving (linked with the "Numpad +" key = main thrust ) with VB of course... ;)

I am in the process of adapting my Tintin's DC6, which has very many animations.
It can now move and flies...
little step after little step I am getting there.

But I stumble on this problem: can we make roll the wheels when the plane is moving forward, and then stop rolling the wheels when the plane stops?

View attachment 23023

Thanks for your help, and sorry with my bad english...

You can with generic vehicle.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The three buttons, power, select and menu are spaced between the two coordinates.
So the 3 buttons are spaced between the 2 sets of values?
What about the screen. Is there an example that I can see?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The only definition I see are for the column of Buttons. Which would cover the whole surface. I guess maybe leave a spot for power/mnu/sel? What defines the mfd screen itself
zvwP3td.jpg

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I never tried it, but I think TL, TR, BL and BR are coordinates for the buttons. They have no relation with the square mesh group used for the MFD screen.
But you better check the VB Deltaglider example vessel (DG_VB.cfg), since it has buttons defined:

Code:
VC_MFD_0_ID = 0
VC_MFD_0_MESH = 1
VC_MFD_0_GROUP = 88
VC_MFD_0_WPWR = TRUE
VC_MFD_0_PWR0 = -0.19571 1.06634 7.22216
VC_MFD_0_PWR2 = -0.15394 1.06634 7.2216
VC_MFD_0_WCOL = TRUE
VC_MFD_0_COLTL = -0.25898 1.20934 7.27019
VC_MFD_0_COLBL = -0.25898 1.1068 7.23137
VC_MFD_0_COLTR = -0.07043 1.20934 7.27019
VC_MFD_0_COLBR = -0.07043 1.1068 7.23137

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is the DG VB interior:
GFILmuj.jpg

So the mfd is different than the non VB. Notice in the VB version no power buttons. I am thinking that it makes it own texture with the buttons. I can't open the DG VC mesh in meshwizard or something to see the dimensions