Project VesselBuilder for Orbiter

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Bonjour Fred
I am not sure i undestood it correctly, but the issue may be that you set as the reconfiguration event trigger the dynamic pressure level. I honestly cannot remember what is the the DNS in the surface mfd, but the Dynamic Pressure is the DNP value.
Oh yes you are right : I confused DNS and DNP. 🤭

The check over the dynamic pressure was thought for things like reentry destruction or stuff like that. I can t remember now but i am not sure that an atmospheric pressure check is implemented in the events section.
No, it is'nt.... :ROFLMAO: not yet ?

I will look for something else...

And thanks for your reply... :hailprobe:

And just to show you : now, it can also do an EVA (tintin and DG'support are made with Vesselbuider)

Last edited:

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hi

I'm still passionate about this amazing module...

But here, I don't understand what the "reset @ Event" option is for... :unsure:

(orange frame on the image)

02.jpg

Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain this to me...

May be that means "Reset all Events" ???

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A lot of time has passed by and I had to go and check the code to see what it does. I am not 100% sure and you are right it is not clear but here what I think it is:
The RESET MET event changes the reference MJD from where the MET starts so you can set a new MJD0 from where the time will start counting. For example you know a launch date and time so you set the MJD0 accordingly and the MET will be referred to that time. But what if you want to reset the MET when for example the rocket clears the tower, or when a probe gets detached from the rocket, so you don't know in advance the exact moment? you can choose to put "reset @ Event" which means "reset the MET by putting the MJD of when this event occurs as MJD0" so you choose a trigger and when the event will be triggered the MJD0 will be set automatically from there on, without the need to know it in advance.
I really hope this does make sense and I did read correctly my own code...

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hello Fred

Thank you for these explanations.
It seems much clearer to me.

I am going to do some tests which - I think - will now allow me to understand well.