Virtual Space Agencys

Voyager

Reaction score
Has anyone thought of the idea Virtual Space Agency's? They could be great. Essentially groups of Orbiter people compete against one other in their VSA's to do what someone requests them to do. If this idea is wanted I form the first ever VSA! Also their will be rules to them. Will add rules later. First post VSA. Use my format.

VSA name: Orbiter Space Aerounatics
Homebases: Edwards AFB, KSC, Cape Canaveral, Kourou, and Wideawake International.
Reusable Launch Crafts: DGIV, XR1, XR2, XR5, and Shuttle Fleet.
Launchers: Energia, Ariane series, Shuttle, Delta series
CEO: Charles Winston (aka Voyager)
Successful missions: None up to now
Workers: None up to now

That is the format. All VSA's must be run by me before being started. I will update this post for new VSA's. Orbiter Space Aeronautics, is also looking for new ideas for spacecraft and workers.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Virtual Space Agencies have been done before. With the exception of SIMNASA they haven't lasted very long because people were never able to follow through.

I have a site dedicated to my own missions in orbiter that I could turn into a VSA but because I never know how my day will pan out I don't have the time to dedicate to it properly so I run it as a single person VSA.

Voyager said:
All VSA's must be run by me before being started

Why? If someone want's to start up a VSA they can.

Voyager

Reaction score
No, since I am planning on doing some contests between them I want to know about them, so I know who wants to start one.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
If someone wants to start a VSA, why should they have to tell / ask you ?...

Voyager

Reaction score
Just want a reference of all the VSA's out there. Also can someone join mine.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
It wouldn't really be that hard to look for other VSAs yourself would it ?

Voyager

Reaction score
Slaps head. Okay just going to post my VSA up and get people to help me.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Just want a reference of all the VSA's out there. Also can someone join mine.

Do you have something concrete yet? Personally, I believe that a VSA needs to have some foundation before people will join. SIMNASA had a website with missions, mission plans, screenshots of previous missions and so on.

My own site (http://orbiter.gdwnet.com) has some of this but requires a lot of work. Feel free to use elements of it for your own VSA and good luck! :thumbup:

Voyager

Reaction score
Well could you help me with the website stuff then at least since I am unsure about it.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Sorry, if I had the time I'd turn my own site into a VSA. As it is, it needs about three weeks solid work to get something decent down.

If it's any help I can explain that the site itself simply uses the Joomla! content management system and a mysql database. It's hosted on a site I've bought as part of a hosting package.

FirstCavArmyVet

Reaction score
Just found this forum LOL. Took me long enough. Well I was saddened to see SimNASA close. I was a pilot with them then on the Astronaut Cand. Program. Had to leave as I joined the Army and had to play in Iraq. I know there was talk in the vUSAF about someone restarting SimNASA. Any word on that or is it just going to be dead now? I know we need something. With the orbiter simulators out, it would be a good time for it.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Whenever a VSA thread reappears, I feel obliged to post :)

It's no simNASA, but I am currently working on a VSA of my own, called VASO (Virtual Aeronautics and Space Organization). I've been developing it for around 3 weeks now, and I've come pretty far. You can follow development in my blog here. Also, if you don't mind, could you tell me a little about how simNASA worked? I never got the chance to talk to a member that was in it, so any insight would be great. Preferably PM me, though, so we don't clutter this thread up.

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
I own a spanish VSA, but i don´t like to call it Space Agency. I like to call it Simulation Group. it´s name is OrbiSondas, and it´s one year old. We use real phrasology and a program in php with orbconnect for the telemetry on Mission Conrtol, wich is our heart.

www.orbisondas.byethost14.com

FirstCavArmyVet

Reaction score
Whenever a VSA thread reappears, I feel obliged to post :)

It's no simNASA, but I am currently working on a VSA of my own, called VASO (Virtual Aeronautics and Space Organization). I've been developing it for around 3 weeks now, and I've come pretty far. You can follow development in my blog here. Also, if you don't mind, could you tell me a little about how simNASA worked? I never got the chance to talk to a member that was in it, so any insight would be great. Preferably PM me, though, so we don't clutter this thread up.

Fireball;

While I was a member of SimNASA, I know there was ALOT invovled. You had support flights and groups that utilized Flight Simulator, then you had the actual spaceflight using Orbiter. There are quite a few space simulators now. I myself have two. Starting a VSA involves alot of time investment as well as funding for a website and voice communication server (Teamspeak). If you have that, I will have no problem helping you get it going. I have over 20yrs experience in virtual organizations (Flight Sim, Combat Flight Sim, Armed Assault, Battlefield and more). Just be ready for the long haul. It's a rough trip.

---------- Post added 07-16-10 at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-15-10 at 06:21 PM ----------

Talkative bunch huh?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I think a lot of people are jaded by VSA's that are The Next Big Thing and then nothing happens. We've had two or three in the past two months alone and this is why my own VSA is a strictly one person affair.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I only recall one being announced in the past month, OSA. What are the others?