News Visual Studio 2015 launch event, and feature videos.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
https://www.visualstudio.com/

Can't remember how many versions of VS I've installed. Get all fired up to "really get into Orbiter.dll land", then my brain starts to hurt...
N.

Last edited:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to read through the terms of service? I hear there are some restrictions for commercial projects or something, but I haven't really found the exact details yet.

Is "Community" version what used to be express before?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Has anyone managed to read through the terms of service? I hear there are some restrictions for commercial projects or something, but I haven't really found the exact details yet.

You already have limitations on commercial projects if you get your Visual Studio via Dreamspark.

But then... compared to all the other costs of becoming a freelancer, a Visual Studio Professional license is not the biggest cost item.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

Non-enterprise customers are encouraged to check out Visual Studio Community 2015, which is also free and provides a more comprehensive solution.

There is a Express version too:
https://www.visualstudio.com/products/mt238358.

Commercial use of Express products

Visual Studio Express products are available at no charge and may be used for commercial, production usage subject to the license terms provided with each product. For example, you can use Express for Windows to create apps that you can then submit for sale in the Windows Store.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. I'm a big fan of VS and have been looking forward to the new release, but couldn't find any info beyond the basics :)

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Community Edition Licensing

http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/dn877550.aspx

"a. Individual license. If you are an individual working on your own applications to sell or for any other purpose, you may use the software to develop and test those applications."

Terms for organizations and enterprises immediately follow that paragraph.

Last edited: