Humor Ways to kill a UMMU

Ark

Reaction score
Set PeA of Jupiter orbit to 500km. Open airlock. Make least favorite UMMU crewman walk the plank.

Sky Captain

Reaction score
Name some UMMU's after your most hated politicians and put them near the pusher plate of nuclear Orion craft to serve the purpose of extra reactional mass.

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Using an Orbiter Beta (100520 I think) and a DGIV while sitting on the ground, eva'd a crewmember and started walking him toward the KSC building. He got about 20 feet and suddenly fell into burnt chunks on the ground.
:rofl:

Chub777

Reaction score
When I was new to the XR2, I wanted a sun-set launch but instead the crew died of hypoxia. Otherwise, don't deploy the parachute.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
Set PeA of Jupiter orbit to 500km. Open airlock. Make least favorite UMMU crewman walk the plank.

lol, I gotta try this.

When I was new to the XR2, I wanted a sun-set launch but instead the crew died of hypoxia.

I hate when this happens. It still does. Do you open external O2 valves or something?

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Strapped a DGIV with 5 crew to the shuttle SRBs and tank using Velcro Rockets. Forgot to set the config so booster thrust would be applied through the vessel center line. They still haven't completed repairs on Pad 39B yet...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Ok, you're on your own now.
orf.jpg

vonneuman

Orbinaut
Reaction score
picture.php

picture.php

That is a ummu on top of the 3 srbs. what is strange is that the srbs where lined up when I launched them.

Foofoo14

Reaction score
I strapped a Saturn V to one of my ummus, and for some reason he nose dived into the dirt, fired a unsuited ummu out of the harp gun and he turned into a lumpy rock, strapped a JATO to a ummu and he spun around doing inverted loops, i guess the G's would've ripped his body to pieces, there's also when i ruined the gear on the xr-2 and was then unable to open the nosecone and the doors so they died from hypoxia.
The best one was when i summoned a second Venus some how and it landed on top of one of my guys.

Last edited:

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There's a reason to use fairings...
10.05.29%2002-06-48%20ProgressM-57.jpg

UPDATE: Manual thrust to keep the temperature down, launcher didn't like it:

10.05.29%2002-17-53%20ProgressM-57.jpg

10.05.29%2002-18-14%20ProgressM-57.jpg

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i de orbited my ummu he died and turned to rock

That one was good:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Heres one that just happened to me.

Strap a turbopack on one UMMU, have him grapple another UMMU fly straight up let him go. He dies when he hits the ground.

BTW the one with the turbopack, while I was watching the one falling, had gone out of control with the turbopack and flew to his death, he died of heart attack befor he hit the ground.:)

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

crash the DGIV without ejecting the crew.