Question What kind of car do you drive or wish to own?

Bibi Uncle

50% Orbinaut, 50% Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm driving a Ford Crown Victoria 2011. Lovely, lovely vehicle!

If I remember correctly, 2011 is the last year of production of this classic car. Most of our police vehicules are still modified Crown Victoria. I thought about buying one in a public auction, but it looks like a car pumping a lot of gasoline... And I'm not a mechanical guy, and old police vehicules can lead to mechanical problems. But I really like the design and the sound of its motor.

Did you bought it new ? In Canada, Ford is not selling them to individuals as far as I know. They are only selled as police cruisers.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, 2011 is the last year of production of this classic car. Most of our police vehicules are still modified Crown Victoria. I thought about buying one in a public auction, but it looks like a car pumping a lot of gasoline... And I'm not a mechanical guy, and old police vehicules can lead to mechanical problems. But I really like the design and the sound of its motor.

Did you bought it new ? In Canada, Ford is not selling them to individuals as far as I know. They are only selled as police cruisers.

Yeah, we bought it new. Most of our police force drives them, that or a Chevy Impala. It has decent gas consumption,

It's unfortunately true that this is the last model year for the Crown Vic.

romanasul

Reaction score
I drive a 2005 VW Golf 1.9 TDI, currently around 145 hp. I love cars and driving but the speed limits are very low here in Canada so you can't really push a car to it's limits. On my yearly vacation to Europe this year I leased a Renault Megane RS 265 for 22 days. Very fast car, I drove it through about 9 European countries including Germany and it performed wonderfully.

Proximus

Reaction score
I drive a 2005 VW Golf 1.9 TDI, currently around 145 hp. I love cars and driving but the speed limits are very low here in Canada so you can't really push a car to it's limits. On my yearly vacation to Europe this year I leased a Renault Megane RS 265 for 22 days. Very fast car, I drove it through about 9 European countries including Germany and it performed wonderfully.

I have admired the megane RS from afar as I do love a hot hatch.
Ended up owning a Civic typeR instead but it was a close call :hmm:

HarvesteR

Reaction score
I've got a blue 2013 Mazda 3 now, hatchback version. About 155hp, and I have to say, it's the most driving fun I've ever had. Pretty fast and the steering is razor sharp.

Mazda3-SkyActive-SP20-W.jpg

It also feels rock solid, which is a marked improvement over my old Pontiac G3, which as much as I loved it, I can't say it wasn't wobbly and wooly, and going over 80km/h felt like it was about to start leaving bits of it behind.

g3wave4dr-se.jpg

With the Mazda, I've pulled 160km/h on an empty road and it still feels solid. That was the limit of my own fear, but the car seemed perfectly willing to go faster.

We also got a 2015 Honda Fit now, for my fiancee. It's a girly car most certainly, especially in 'orchid white', but I'm impressed at how light and smooth it handles. It's not made to go fast, but it gets around very nicely in the city. I love those new lines also.

White%20Orchid%20Pearl-WA-207,208,204-640-en_US.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Yeah, we bought it new. Most of our police force drives them, that or a Chevy Impala. It has decent gas consumption,

It's unfortunately true that this is the last model year for the Crown Vic.

I've seen some Police Departments using new Dodge Chargers, Chevy Suburbans, and in some cases Ford Edges. The days of the Vic are numbered. :p

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I'm driving a VW Polo 2013 (edition plus) but someday I wish to drive a Dodge Ram:

Dodge%20Ram%20Laramie%20Hemie%202013%20USA%20Car%20Import.jpg

I'm afraid that the Dutch roads aren't made for it though..

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm afraid that the Dutch roads aren't made for it though..

That was the reason I decided against a VW Golf - it is almost too wide for German roads (over 2 meters with side mirrors, which means that you are unable to pass trucks in many Autobahn construction sites) and too wide for parking lots which only conform to the minimum standards (230 cm).

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
We also got a 2015 Honda Fit now, for my fiancee. It's a girly car most certainly, especially in 'orchid white', but I'm impressed at how light and smooth it handles. It's not made to go fast, but it gets around very nicely in the city. I love those new lines also.

Hey, I love my white 2010 Fit! It's a tiny little thing (on U.S. streets), easy to park anywhere, and sporty for its engine size, but able to fit a truly surprising amount of stuff: a full size dining room table with 6 chairs, a 6 foot china cabinet, granite-topped patio table with two large rock-and-swivel armed outdoor chairs, a pair of 8-foot tall bookshelves (unassembled), full size Christmas trees (twice), etc etc. I can easily throw my bike in the back and haul it to rides. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat -- and if it's girly, so be it.:lol:

My wife drives a newly purchased Toyota Camry hybrid, which she loves for its larger size, comfort, and gas mileage.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I've seen some Police Departments using new Dodge Chargers, Chevy Suburbans, and in some cases Ford Edges. The days of the Vic are numbered. :p

The Atlanta Police Department is in the process of switching to the Ford Taurus. I've also heard that the LAPD is going with the Chevrolet Caprice PPV.

M-LAPD-Caprice.jpg

Bibi Uncle

50% Orbinaut, 50% Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

We have exactly the same vehicules in Québec. I guess we are copying the americans :p Crown Victorias are currently being replaced by Dodge Chargers. Other vehicules used in easy situations (for traffic or inspection) are a mix of different vehicules, including Chevrolet Impala. And there is Chevrolet Suburbans for supervisor or risky situations.

kaithy

Reaction score
Presently I have Maruti Baleno which is a good hatch back car from Maruti company. It is stronger contender in the arena to face off these B+ premium hatchbacks. It is good in all the area for a driver and provide the excellent fuel economy.