What's up!

Gordontrek

Reaction score
Hello Orbiter Forum! I'm very excited to join!
I've been playing with Orbiter off and on for about five years, but only in the last two years have I actually started to get serious about learning it. My current skill level is such that I've almost completely mastered operations within the Earth-Moon system; I can fly to the ISS and the Moon without any trouble, but I've yet to master interplanetary flight. Can't seem to get used to TransX!
A little about me for whoever's interested- born and reared in Huntsville, Alabama, one of the aerospace capitals of the world. I had stardust in my eyes almost from day one, and I grew up adoring the Saturn V rocket out here at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. From a very early age I was trying to learn everything I could possibly learn (and understand) about the rocket and the Apollo program in general, and I remain fascinated by it to this day.
Though my largest passion is classical music (my chosen career), astronomy is a close second. On my spare time you will find me doing one of two things- studying a musical score, or reading something astronomy-related. I was extremely excited, then, when I discovered Orbiter some four or five years ago.
I look forward to sharing ideas with you guys and learning more about this amazing program!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Greetings! And welcome to the forums :welcome:

I'm not too far from Huntsville (2 hrs and change), love that they got their Saturn V out of the weather and into that new building. It's a national treasure and should be taken care of.

Regarding interplanetary flight. I'm better with IMFD, but use both it and TransX (really good when used together).

Check out Blixel's youtube video tutorials, they are most excellent https://www.youtube.com/user/DavidWCourtney

Happy Orbiting!

Dambuster

Reaction score
:welcome:

It's great to have more classical-lovers around here! I've been around here for quite a few years, but don't post much anymore. I still enjoy a good Earth-Moon trip when I get the chance :)

maltman

Reaction score
Hi fellow musician!

Hello Gordon, I just joined a few minutes ago. I happen to be a professional classical musician as well. I am young (25 in a couple of days) but I managed to wrangle myself a part time job accompanying on piano for the local state college. It pays alright but the real pleasure is the music.

I am actually switching my major this semester away from music and towards either psychology or computer programming, right now leaning more towards psychology.

Classical music is still my passion and I play it every day and have my piano right behind my computer. Yesterday, I enjoyed playing some Chopin preludes and Scriabin sonatas.

Classical music and space go together like pizza and anchovies. Don't they?