News World Ending October 21st?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that we'll be staying around for a long time. Ignore the false prophets of doom. They just want media attention, and the media just wants viewers, so they are symbionts.
SCREW 'EM BOTH!

E

ex-orbinaut

And the Dark Hearted Dooms-Sayer sayeth,
"Get ready for your sins to payeth,
"For fire will descend from on High!
"Repent! The End of the World is nigh!"

But fret I do in upholding this belief,
Be it added contention or be it relief,
For this uttered my mouth, when I lived in Louth,
"The World has two Ends; The poles North and South".

Come on, it is just as silly...

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Two men could were standing along a street one morning, holding a sign saying "The end is near". As a car drove past, its driver rolled down his window and yelled "get a life you morons!". The car then drove around a bend in the road, and a screech and a splash were heard.

One of the men turned to the other and said "I *told* you the sign should have said 'The bridge is out'".

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I don't know whether to call that a :threadjacked: or a :goodposting:...
Either way... :rofl:

Fireproof

Reaction score
the world cant end the 21st im going to amandas homecoming the 22nd

Ark

Reaction score
Here's to hoping the people watching the Dodge dealership are all devout Christians! :lol:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If he really is that faithful, perhaps he should be taking that stroke after the last prediction as a sign from God to stop crying "rapture". :p

God-monty-python-380132_800_441.jpg

"STOP CRYING RAPTURE!"

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Wait, if people are freely allowed to tell people that they believe the world is going to end, am I allowed to go around telling people I believe we should set people who believe the world is going to end on fire? :hmm:

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
No worries people - Comet Elenin is going to kill us all before the rapture gets it's chance.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i'd like to apologize for brother camping, which should actually be the job of his church, but since they don't seem to act i guess a more distant member of the body should do just as well. Harrold is of very advanced age and probably more than a bit confused. Add to that a recent stroke, which makes introspection an almost impossible task and can have lead to a very weird internal logic, especially if that logic has been rather queer already before.

As such, brother camping is a very old man with a debilitating codition, and it s reasonable to conclude that his utterings are no diffdrent in their weight than those of any other man in the same situation.

Frankly, i find it rather cruel from the media to mock an old man on what most certainy is his deathbed, even if that mockery might seem deserved from harrolds past actions. Let's just let him die in peace. His personal judgement day is certainly near.

Last edited:

Jarvitä

Reaction score
He has willingly submitted himself to public ridicule. And frankly, all he's doing is taking the bible and applying some numerology. Mainstream christianity agrees with him on everything but the date itself.

Still, I agree that ridicule is perhaps not the best response. In a less crazy world, obvious nutjobs like this would make "accepted nutjobs" - the followers of mainstream religions - evaluate their own irrational beliefs in light of their own craziness being one-upped, but alas, all we see is normally crazy people pointing at this guy and saying "see, we're not as crazy". In an asylum, being somewhat less crazy than the guy who has to be locked up in a padded room and straitjacket really doesn't speak well of your mental state. Why do you believe it does in the real world?

PennyBlack

Altea Development Team
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
pennyblack.yolasite.com
In an asylum, being somewhat less crazy than the guy who has to be locked up in a padded room and straitjacket really doesn't speak well of your mental state. Why do you believe it does in the real world?

I don't suffer from insanity, infact I enjoy my insanity. :banana:

Last edited:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
He has willingly submitted himself to public ridicule. And frankly, all he's doing is taking the bible and applying some numerology. Mainstream christianity agrees with him on everything but the date itself.

In a less crazy world, obvious nutjobs like this would make "accepted nutjobs" - the followers of mainstream religions - evaluate their own irrational beliefs in light of their own craziness being one-upped, but alas, all we see is normally crazy people pointing at this guy and saying "see, we're not as crazy".?

Do you ever not critisise people? Why can't you just leave people alone? You critisise an entire country then all religion. While you may not see this, you really do come off as very unpleasant. Perhaps you should lighten up a bit.;)

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
See the Mayan's were wrong after all !
Anybody knows a 90 yr old Right wing Christian fanatic knows more than a ancient culture right ??? :facepalm:

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
See the Mayan's were wrong after all !
Anybody knows a 90 yr old Right wing Christian fanatic knows more than a ancient culture right ??? :facepalm:

I'm not saying he's right but considering that he has been around modern tech/science, he probably does...:lol:

Wonderer

Reaction score
Judgement day has passed!? Where is Skynet and why isn't Shvarcneger a bad ass human-kiling robot yet!? Man this biblical judgement day sucks :(

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Do you ever not critisise people? Why can't you just leave people alone? You critisise an entire country then all religion. While you may not see this, you really do come off as very unpleasant. Perhaps you should lighten up a bit.;)

I just point out a lack of rationality when I see it. To "lighten up" would be to accept as fact that humanity is fundamentally insane and can't be fixed.

Remember, any criticism that doesn't appear constructive to you after careful review can be safely ignored.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Mainstream christianity agrees with him on everything but the date itself.

Not really, no. It depends on what you define as mainstream christianity, though. Living in the Balkans, you should know better than most that theology doesn't really come in a unified package.

The reasoning behind Campings End-times theology is only about two hundred years old, and the linear futuristic interpretation he uses is only accepted in some of the evangelical churches, and nowhere outside of the evangelical "denomination" (if you can call them such, but they more and more are getting one). Mainstream in the US, yes, but the US is hardly representative for the whole world, especially where tradition and religion is concerned. After all, the US is pretty young when it comes to that.

To "lighten up" would be to accept as fact that humanity is fundamentally insane and can't be fixed.

Actually, that's pretty much what the Bible says. In pretty much all interpretations I know of... :lol: