Question XR2 creates turbopacks with no fuel?

EndeavourCmdr

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I posted this in the XR2 dev thread, but it's been a few days and no one has replied, so I figured I'd post it here to keep it separate and easier to find in case someone else also has this similiar issue.

I load up the XR2 on Rwy 15 scenario, deploy the turbopack for Lee while landed, and then EVA Lee, and attach the turbopack to my back with 'B'. However, upon equipping the turbopack, I discover that there is 0 fuel in it on creation. Is this normal?

I checked the scenario file and there doesn't seem to be entries for the turbopacks before they are deployed at all, otherwise Id just see if there was a fuel setting in there... But having turbopacks with no fuel makes them a little on the useless side when you need them =)

Help? lol

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Turbopack fuel is all handled by UMMu internally, so I recommend you restest in a clean installation. It sounds like some third-party add-on is trashing memory and borking UMMu.

EndeavourCmdr

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hmm that's really strange because besides Orbitersound, UCGO, and the DGIV, the XR's were the next things I installed... and I can't recall the turbopacks ever working. I'm at work now, but I'll try again when I get home.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Would an issue like that though likely effect ALL turbopacks, and not just the ones from the XR2? For example, if I load up the DGIV landed scenario, and I am able to deploy a fueled turbopack, would it help narrow down the issue?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
One more thing I forgot to ask: have you actually attached the turbopack to an EVA'd astronaut (with the B key)? UMMu doesn't actually show fuel in the turbopack until you attach it to an astronaut. :)

EndeavourCmdr

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes I did. That was in my first post, that I attached with the 'B' key.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Hmm...in that case I don't know what to tell you. :) I ran a test here using the default XR2 Brighton Beach scenario and it works fine for me.

EndeavourCmdr

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay Doug, so I just opened up the same scenario as you, the Brighton Beach one, and tested the same steps, and at Brighton, the same turbopack DOES have 40kgs of fuel. But that got me thinking, is it that since the XR is on a landing pad, when the turbopack is deployed it is automatically getting refueled by the landing pad? Would you mind opening the XR2 at KSC 15 scenario and trying, and seeing if the turbopack has fuel when deployed on the runway?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
OK, I just tried that and it still works fine for me at KSC using the default "1 - Ready for Takeoff to ISS" scenario:

EndeavourCmdr

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Huh. Didn't work for me on that one either. No fuel in the turbopacks on any scenario where the XR is not on a landing pad. Runways aren't counting.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Okay found the "culprit". Relativistic Warp MFD 1.5 ([ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4547"]Relativistic Warp MFD 1.5[/ame]) causes turbopacks to spawn without fuel. Disabled the module and they spawned with full tanks.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Good to know -- good troubleshooting! :)

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns