You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

jinglesassy

Reaction score
When you have a dream, that DanSteph released info on the DGV, and that it will be out within a month. You then wake up trying to convince yourself that it really happened.

Sadly, this just happened when I woke up. I couldnt help but be dissapointed when I got to his site, and found out it was just a dream though.

i did that last night too :rofl:

ThatGuy

Reaction score
When you have a class in the "VAB" and don't think it's the "Visual Arts Building"

True story: someone asked where I had my psychology class and I said, "It's in the vehic- in the visual arts building"

Spike Spiegel

Reaction score
... when you try to do a "dead stick" re-entry in your car.

(coasting from as far away as you can in neutral gear all the way into your parking spot/driveway/garage... I've done it from at least a block away, hard turn up an alley, then use the slope of the alley and gravity to coast backward into the driveway.)

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you have a class in the "VAB" and don't think it's the "Visual Arts Building"

True story: someone asked where I had my psychology class and I said, "It's in the vehic- in the visual arts building"
LOL! I can see that happening to a few of us...

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

... when you try to do a "dead stick" re-entry in your car.

(coasting from as far away as you can in neutral gear all the way into your parking spot/driveway/garage... I've done it from at least a block away, hard turn up an alley, then use the slope of the alley and gravity to coast backward into the driveway.)
and just like on a real re-entry, you don't want to burn up (Engine overheats and seizes) or flare (brake) too early EDIT: or too late

andysim

Reaction score
i spent 2 hours installing the PMA and Z1 modules on the new ISSv2.0.5 using the RMS on the shuttle and then looked at the photo on wiki of the station after it was finnished and guess what? I had installed them the wrong way round so I spent another 2 hours fixing it. Addicted much? :lol::lol::lol::rofl:

eveningsky339

Resident Orbiter Slave
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
...when you code a .dll for your car.

What's the ISP of gasoline again?

kino_astroboy

Orbinaut-in-Training
Reaction score

Your car looks like this:

artcars-shuttlecar-gallery.jpg

artcars-shuttlecar2-gallery.jpg

:rofl::rofl:
http://z.about.com/d/minneapolis/1/0/e/1/-/-/artcars-shuttlecar2-gallery.jpg

george7378

DON'T PANIC
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
... When you realise that your physics teacher is your best friend.

...When you are the only person in the class glued to the screen during a showing of "Moon with Patrick Moore" on the last physics lesson of the term.

... When evenings are spent looking up images and information on every messier object from M1 - M110 (and playing Orbiter, of course!).

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
When you're taking flying lessons, and the instructor lets you do the roundout, and you do it 30 feet to high because in your mind you're flying the space shuttle (guilty multiple times).

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
When you're taking flying lessons, and the instructor lets you do the roundout, and you do it 30 feet to high because in your mind you're flying the space shuttle (guilty multiple times).

Well, I haven't quote done that, but there's plenty of times that I've come in way too high, and the first thing I start thinking of is flying the space shuttle on Orbiter. Heck, all the shuttle landings that I've done have made for some really good "forced approach" practice. lol.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
...or when you look down the top of a lampshade, it reminds you of the shuttle's centerline camera view..

lampshade1016_Full.jpg

kino_astroboy

Orbinaut-in-Training
Reaction score

You download an audio converter that converts mp3 to wav files only to make an Apollo 8 and an Apollo 15 soundpack for AMSO. (very very guilty)