You know you're addicted to Orbiter when...

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
You know it's bad when you're computer's in for repairs, but you fire up a PIII or even a PII to get online and check the forum.

Or you're willing to wait for 35 minutes for Anim8or (on the PIII) to perform a loop-cut so you can mess around with your addon project.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
35 mins for a loop cut??? WOW! Now that's huge!
When an orbiter forum of any kind never leaves your "recent sites" thing in the URL box of IE.
When your monitor has the Deltaglider's shape burned into the glass from over use!
When you waste time at school graphing Tsiolkovsky's equation just to see if you can make your addon that much better! :p

P.S. When you can spell Tsiolkovsky correctly without having to look it up!

Piper

Orbiting Space Addict
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
When your roommate tosses you a "magazine" after playing Orbiter all day and she tells you "Here, why don't you do something productive."

That, and you go so far in designing missions for Orbiter that you even design a mission patch.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When you spend time on one Orbiter-related forum thread dedicated to reporting the status of another Orbiter-related forum, just so you can do a group-gripe with other Orbiterheads.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
When you spend time on one Orbiter-related forum thread dedicated to reporting the status of another Orbiter-related forum, just so you can do a group-gripe with other Orbiterheads.

Ha!

You actually got me to laugh out loud here. This rarely ever happens, though an occasional post will get me to grin.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
That made me split in three so I could laugh more!

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
When you correct your physics teacher because he says the generic term for the high point of an orbit is called the apogee. :whistle:

How much did he reduce your grade?;)

Andy44's wit strikes again! :rofl:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...when your best wit is used up on people on a forum full of Orbiterheads, instead of the hot girls you occasionally meet.

Lunar Pilot

Reaction score
x

You know when you're addicted to Orbiter when you put a sticker that says ''My other vehicle is a DGIV'' on the back bumper of your car.

:)

markl316

XR2 Ravenstar Commander
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
How much did he reduce your grade?;)

None. He really likes me :).
You know you're addicted to orbiter when you have to stop short, you do s-turns to bleed off speed.
...when your car stalls the first thought that comes to mind is "Abort to Zaragoza?"

Lunar Pilot

Reaction score
addicted

You know when you're addicted to Orbiter when you see your on the highway and wonder if you half enough gas to make it to Mir.

Cornflake

Reaction score
...when driving to McDonald's takes all night, because instead of just coming home right away, you decide to circle your block for several hours so that "you can land in daylight".

...when approaching the drive-thru at McD's, you slow to a crawl and approach the window at no more than 2 cm per second, and yell out "Capture!" as they hand you your shake and burger.

...when driving around you see a bright light in the sky and try to hit the F9 key to see what it is. (I've actually caught myself doing this!)

Man those made me Lol bigtime! :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Speaking of seeing a bright light and hitting F9 to see what it is, check this out:

Just yesterday I saw "unexplained" spot in the sky (See the white spot just behind the SSMEs). I took an SS with planetarium mode on and off. It wasn't labeled as any landmark :huh:

Now for mine: ... When you're bored, you go to the Orbit Hangar home page and constantly refresh to see if a screenshot of a good addon shows up, to give you another excuse to open Orbiter.

... When you hear yourself saying "Eight... seven... six... We have a GO for main engine start... four.... three..." when anticipating a red light that's going to turn green while sitting in the car.

... When try to get Orbiter to run in 3200x1200 screen res so you can make a kick @ss dual-screen wallpaper - Just to find out it crashes on anything higher than 1920x1440 even though you're able to get the Windows desktop to go to 3200x1200 :mad:

pilotpercy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
you know your addicted when, on a long drive you keep telling your girlfriend about the plan you have to try an aerobreak over saturn onto titan and what your going to do when you get there. as a result of this she calls it " that bl**dy buzz lightyear game" to which i reply "its not a game its a SIM!!!" she just doesnt understand lol.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Play the Demo of SSM2007 and:

- Hit R for stopping time warp
- Hit F1 for switching back to cockpit
- Use CTRL+ Arrow key for switching panels.
- Do the APU prestart at -6:15.
- Use X and Z for zoom.

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
...when approaching the drive-thru at McD's, you slow to a crawl and approach the window at no more than 2 cm per second, and yell out "Capture!" as they hand you your shake and burger.

I know this is a bit off topic but this quote reminded me so much of something that happened to me that I had to include it:

NukeET, you'll appreciate this.
In the submarine force, verbatim repeat-backs of orders are a big part of the way we did business. I knew I had been spending too much time on the boat when I pulled into McD's and after hearing the price responded,

"$4.15 aye!"

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I know this is a bit off topic but this quote reminded me so much of something that happened to me that I had to include it:

NukeET, you'll appreciate this.
In the submarine force, verbatim repeat-backs of orders are a big part of the way we did business. I knew I had been spending too much time on the boat when I pulled into McD's and after hearing the price responded,

"$4.15 aye!"

LMAO!

I still catch myself doing repeat backs from time to time.

Not quite as off topic as you think.

Thanks for the memories!:cheers:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
how about this one;

...you go outside and look at the stars, and see a bright one, then bring out Orbiter to check what star it is

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
when you set the start date to 0 AD and go looking for the star over bethlehem... :p

James.Denholm

Addon ponderer
Reaction score
You'd have to go back three or four days or so...

And then you would have to account for leap-years, and how woefully inaccurate they are, and all the other problems with our time system.