OHM Better ISS

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
fluorescent
That’s probably what is happening with the textures. I use paint.net for texture stuff, it has dozens of options for dds format. Will try some other formats.
Won't work unfortunately, this is also something we in the SSU team discovered, the DDS format exporter/importer in Paint.NET is just too new. Solution is to use the DXTEX.exe utility that can be found in the utils subfolder. It is old enough to work with the inline client. Even though the preview window will be black, it will save the texture properly.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Won't work unfortunately, this is also something we in the SSU team discovered, the DDS format exporter/importer in Paint.NET is just too new.
I remember there were some settings in the gimp plugin that worked, but that's a couple years ago now too.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
New addon works in normal graphics. Having trouble getting to Cupola though

update: Nice view. I got it figured out

Last edited:

barrygolden

Reaction score
What's the way to get to the Cupola. New mesh for the US Lab looks super. Might need to do an IVA guy to be able to float through the whole ISS

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Might need to do an IVA guy to be able to float through the whole ISS
What I could do is add an astronaut that would automatically move to a workstation or something in whatever module you are in. (With some exceptions). Probably should make this a CFG option for those who like to fly solo…

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So trying a new eva guy. Basically I made a attachment point on the ISS where the airlock would be. Then attach the eva guy. The guy moves the attachment point.

The guy seen is from the shuttle. So a more updated guy might be needed. Also you can see joints can be moved.

72igccT.jpg

I am not sure where the airlock should be?

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
So trying a new eva guy. Basically I made a attachment point on the ISS where the airlock would be. Then attach the eva guy. The guy moves the attachment point.

The guy seen is from the shuttle. So a more updated guy might be needed. Also you can see joints can be moved.
Wow! That looks amazing. Is this available for download or will it be soon?
If you want/need any attach points defined in the dll, just give me the info and I will add them to the next release.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. So the guys are from the shuttle for 2016. The original model was from Donamy. They use a tether system to move. In the shuttle they can be attach to different things. when they do they become detached. that is why the tether key.

I can together a zip. It will use the STS2016 eva guys.

JQOUH8r.jpg
I think this is the Quest Airlock.
attachment info

C 6.7 -6.7 -4.6 0 -1 0 0 0 1 EVA

For 2010 one can use Ummu

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Lets try this. I added an attachment to the ISS_Hd.cfg.

ClassName = ISS_HD
Module = ISS_HD

DEFAULT_CMG_MODE = 2
MAXTIMEACCEL = 100
HAS_PIRS = true

BEGIN_ATTACHMENT
C 6.7 -6.7 -4.6 0 -1 0 0 0 1 EVA
END_ATTACHMENT

In the scn attach the evamodule to the ISS.

ATTACHED 0:5,ISS

Focus on the Eva Module. Ctrl and space opens the window. Press the hatch button. then select which guy to eva. Press EVA exit and the guy will appear. It will focus on it. Then CTRL and space to open the window to move the guy.

To enter the ISS go back to the airlock. if at the right area. press EVA enter and the guy will go away.

Attachments

• EVAMODULETEST.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 16