• Google Chrome

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Safari

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Netscape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some peculiar browser used only by dwellers of the darkest backwaters of the Web

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

lalbanof

Reaction score
I used Firefox. And still use it.

But Chrome is soooo fast loading that the bugs splatter against my windshield.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
When I'm using Linux (most of the time) it's Seamonkey or Lynx depending on wether or not I'm running the X server.

While I was a big fan of lynx for a very long time, might I suggest that you check out w3m? It makes it much more easier to navigate through lynx unfriendly sites.

Scrooge McDuck

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbitermap.no-ip.org
Firefox on Win, OSX and ubuntu, but sometimes Safari for web-dev.
(In fact also IE for web-dev sometimes, mostly to test all the work-arounds that IE usually needs).

Anyhow, I mainly use Firefox, because to me it's probably the most powerfull browser: I couldn't miss all the plug-ins I'm using.
I don't quite like Firefox by default (after installation), but with the thousands of plugins available, you can do almost anything.

regards,
mcduck

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
FF all the way. It's just the browser I've felt the most comfortable with. And the Night Launch skin is great. :)

For those who use IE to keep things out of their other histories, etc, two words: InPrivate Browsing (in the IE8 beta). Though I don't really understand the paranoia of letting someone else see your browsing history.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Google Chrome has something called an Incognito window, you can open a new incognito tab, and whatever pages you visit in the incognito tab, they won't appear in your history

Scarecrow

Reaction score
I use Firefox, because of vimperator! I can do (almost) everything very quickly without touching the mouse at all. It is awesome.

synonys

Reaction score
Firefox + Glasser extension + fission extension
Makes firefox look as sleek as ie7 in vista!

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I use Firefox normally. On my old laptops I use Konquerer because that version of Firefox is very unstable, and when I'm doing things that I don't want to show up in my browser history I'll use IE.
*wink wink*

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I use FireFox. Used Chrome for a while, but didn't like it. It does load faster then FireFox, but I don't think my computer can handle it with all the other stuff I have open at the same time. It starts to lag when I scroll. But the thing I can't live with is that you can't scroll by middle clicking. I hate scrolling the wheel cos it's too slow. I middle click and scroll faster... Chrome doesn't support that.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Firefox all the way here too! I used to only use IE, but Firefox has proved to be much much better! :speakcool:

I guess Tex could easily have a look at the visitor statistics of OF to see what kind of browser people are using.

Indeed I can and in fact I released a screen shot of those statistics in the last release of Delta V. :)

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
:firefox:

Wow this thread is 2 months old...:)

who voted for;
"Some peculiar browser used only by dwellers of the darkest backwaters of the Web"?--and I'm just wondering what browser is it.

Tommy

Reaction score
"Some peculiar browser used only by dwellers of the darkest backwaters of the Web"?--and I'm just wondering what browser is it.

Probably Kontiki on a Commodore C-64!

doggie015

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I use Firefox for it's sheer customisability and how it just tends to 'fit' into ANY OS that you use. It looks great in windows; looks like it came 'out of the box' on Mac and looks like it was made for Linux (Puppy Linux 3). All with the same installation moved around computers! I can some it up in one word: :speakcool:

:firefox:

I always wanted to use that smilie!

V8Li

Reaction score
Firefox mainly for it's available addons. Opera is a cool choice since it's based on Mozilla (just like Firefox) but has better visual and user-oriented enhancements. So it depends on "how I feel" at the moment. Firefox was my vote :speakcool:

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Browser Wars

There is no wars...Opera is far more advance any powerful browser than all the other browser...so there's no need for war...it wipe out all other...by my opinion.;)

Dig Gil

LearninProgram,Slackin DigTech
Reaction score
Website
dig-orbiter.blogspot.com
Indeed I can and in fact I released a screen shot of those statistics in the last release of Delta V. :)

I knew I've seen that somewhere!

Well, I use Google Chrome (it runs really quickly) but there's something like... This: [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2382"]Orbiter Browser!!![/ame] around:p.