Coolest Avatar

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
Yes, Tex's avatar is good.

I'm afraid I can't look at Brent - what-is-his-name? - without remembering a Dan Savage column about "what famous person have you slept with?" Data was one persons entry, but the sad thing was is that she couldn't remember the act at all, as it wasn't memorable.

Edit - Brent Spiner? Is this right?

Brent Spiner is correct -> http://imdb.com/name/nm0000653/

Who could forgett the act with Data?! :huh:

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Edit - Brent Spiner? Is this right?

Yes.:)

I just couldn't do it. The idea of a human icon that's someone else is rather unsettling.

I like my current representation. It's so busy at this scale, it's rather hard to tell what it is.

No graven images?;);)

Just what is your current avatar?:huh:

MajorTom

Ker-splash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I love Tex's avatar. Also the...um...slapping pikachus? of Fresh Squid.

Speaking of squid, my avatar, in case you're wondering, shows what the ISS inhabitants will view with horror on April 3, when the ATV delivers the dreaded space squid.

Good reason as any for them to hit that big red "ABORT" button. :lol:

MT

Tekdino

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What about my avatar? I was a seal in the old forums too so I'm keeping on traditions. =P

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Yes.:)

No graven images?;);)

Just what is your current avatar?:huh:

It's the NeoSurrealistCollective Dali graffiti that appears on the cargo bay of the bondVaga.

It's actually a cut-up of three different Dali paintings - the foreground is "Autumn Cannibalism," behind that are elements from "Juliet's Tomb," and the background is the gown of Mary in "The Virgin of Guadalupe."

It's a bit more complicated, as each image has been manipulated heavily, and it's arranged on no less than 23 layers in Photoshop.

It's really a 'happy accident' as I needed one more art panel to put up on the side of the derelict station and couldn't decide what to do. I cut up these three paintings hoping to be inspired, then I went back and reread the chapter where the artists talk about negative space.

I then realized that in terms of negative space, all three elements went together. The problem was color. But that's not a problem in digital land.

But a word of advice - if you're going to hack Dali for art, or Shakespeare for language, come to grips with the fact you've raised the bar mighty high.

Marcel

Reaction score
Tblaxland, I've been wondering what your avatar is. Nice looking, but I can't make it out.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Tblaxland, I've been wondering what your avatar is. Nice looking, but I can't make it out.
I pondered this one for a long while, too.

It's a sail-board, with the sail down.

Am I right? Do I get a prize?
Congratulations! Someone has been reading my profile ;) I took this photo at Wallis Lake south of Forster on the NSW north coast (right here, actually). It was a lovely tranquil summer afternoon, I had just come in for a rest and a seagull flew down and landed on the sail. It is one of my favourite photos that I have taken, but maybe that is just because of my memories of that day, rather than the artistic value of the photo itself. The full uncropped version is better but I just can't find it at the moment.

Marcel

Reaction score
I had just come in for a rest and a seagull flew down and landed on the sail.
Cool! I thought it might be some kind of exotic vehicle on a realistic texture. I guess I was right in a way, but I didn't notice the bird! OK, I'll vote for yours.

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
<------ Nuff said. :p

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
@Marcel, your signature:
When I was a child I played with plastic spaceships...
struck a chime with me just now. Today, I picked up a bargain toy space set for my 3yo son for AUD 20. It had a pretty impressive list of contents:

- Space Shuttle with operating gear and PLBDs and SpaceLab pressurised module and pallet.
- Detachable ET and SRBs.
- Astronaut with MMU.
- MLP complete with TSMs.
- ET transporter truck.
- Saturn V
- LEM with detachable ascent module
- 3xApollo astronauts
- Lunar rover

and a few other things. Daddy will be having fun tonight! :)

Messierhunter

Reaction score
From another forum:
Image_QXJ8Ng.gif
I vote for this one. Not sure if it counts since no one's using it here. I'd use it, but I feel too attached to my current one.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I chose my avatar because that ship inspired the ship I daydream about owning during school (especially during english;)). I'm a bit full of myself, so here's a close-up of it:
VonBraun2.jpg

Would look good in Orbiter, wouldn't it?