OHM Endurance Space Exploration System

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: gattispilot

The Endurance Space Exploration System models the spacecraft and planetary systems conceived by Nathan Crowley for Christopher Nolan’s 2014 film
Interstellar. The Endurance, its associated Cargo Pods, the Lander, and Ranger are UMmu, UCGO, and D3D9 compliant.

Required Programs

Orbiter 2010 P1
LC39-EAFB 2006.3 Hi-Res
Hi-Res Kennedy Space Center
Interstellar system 
Multistage2015
Runway Markers for Orbiter 2010
Orbiter Sound 3.5 or later
Pluto and Moons
UMmu 2.0 or later
UCGO

Please take time to review the manual for pertinent installation and operating instructions.

Note: This add-on is offered for Orbiter 100830 P1. While it will run in Orbiter 160828, some 
features will not be rendered and some scenarios will cause a CTD. An Orbiter 160828 version is planned.

Gattispilot
BenSisko 

DOWNLOAD

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Anroalh12, we couldn't have done it without your help!

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
For those interested, I'm attaching a revised Ranger at Miller scenario. Copy this to Scenarios/Endurance Space Exploration System/4. Gargantua-Pantagruel system to overwrite the file there. In this revision, the Ranger's orbit has a lower periapsis and apoapsis. Over time, this establishes a more stable orbit of Miller.

https://www.4shared.com/s/flKSPOO3nei

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is it possible that you guys can change the keybind for emergancy eject, I keep accidentally jettisoning Cooper and Tars :facepalm:

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I don’t know if,we,can. You’re pressing ESC. I think that command is a default of either the Orbiter program or UMMu.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What are trying to do when you press the Escape key

Yes it can be changed:
Code:
else if (key == OAPI_KEY_ESCAPE&&!KEYMOD_SHIFT(kstate) && !KEYMOD_CONTROL(kstate))
	{

I can change it to CONTROL and Escape Eject the guys

kash01

Reaction score
Have been waiting for this and you guyz done a great job. I have issue with lander and ranger controlla when i am in atmosphere controlla are too slow and nearly have no effect they have effect only when I am under 150 MMS velocity is this a problem or ships are supposed to be like this if its a problem can anybody help me please thanks

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Any change from "escape" would be appreciated in general. The problem occurs (for me) when one opens an input dialogue box and wishes to close it without entering anything.
I've lost count of how many times I shot Bowman out the window accidentally!
BTW magnificent work on this mammoth project; I'm always impressed how you guys get some eyecandy fantasy images from a fictional film to somehow actually function! Certainly not easy- do wish filmmakers would make their designs more plausible/ functional, would make the conversion to Orbiter easier and (for me) more enjoyable. If you ever get round to updating Wo2001 it would be a dream come true!

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have issue with lander and ranger controlla when i am in atmosphere controlla are too slow and nearly have no effect they have effect only when I am under 150 MMS velocity is this a problem or ships are supposed to be like this if its a problem can anybody help me please thanks

kash01,
Since neither the Lander or Ranger have control surfaces we saw the need to augment the RCS to increase their output and added an atmospheric setting for the RCS. Have you followed the ship’s approach cues (page 64 of the manual)? With ATM selected, the Ranger is quite maneuverable. The Lander is more like a cargo barge so with ATM selected the approach roll from inverted is slow but other atmospheric flight maneuvers can be flown well enough to fly controlled approaches guided by AeroBrake MFD and Land MFD.

kash01

Reaction score
Yep I read manual but on me it doesn't look to have effects is there any setting in config or something where o can change RCS power thanks

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, ` is the key command to switch from orbital to atmospheric RCS settings.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What are trying to do when you press the Escape key

Yes it can be changed:
Code:
else if (key == OAPI_KEY_ESCAPE&&!KEYMOD_SHIFT(kstate) && !KEYMOD_CONTROL(kstate))
    {
I can change it to CONTROL and Escape Eject the guys
That would be great. Thanks. Now I wont have to worry about TARS being lost in space. :lol:

kash01

Reaction score
Thanks I checked that key and it had no effect i can't handle lander in atmosphere it's nearly impossible til I get speed lower than 50kmps . Thanks for help ranger work fantastically

Last edited:

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Curious. We set the same key command in the Lander and Ranger to toggle from orbital to atmospheric RCS settings. Pressing that command should change the console ATM annunciator from white to green indicating atmospheric RCS settings are active.

kash01

Reaction score
Yep the light got green but no effect there's a little effect only when I warp time 10x but its not normal I think thanks for help

DoyleChris

Reaction score
I am trying this on Orbiter 2016 and i cant push the F1 key it errors out with this.

000014.212: ---------------------------------------------------------------
000014.212: >>> ERROR: DDraw error DDERR_SURFACELOST
000014.212: >>> [OrbiterGraphics::clbkGetSurfaceDC | .\OGraphics.cpp | 1727]
000014.212: ---------------------------------------------------------------