Humor Funniest Orbiter moments (with screenies, if possible) :D

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
This is getting too complicated. If you replicate the universe too many times, you crash space-time itself...

Or you just get a [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse"]multiverse[/ame], in which case, everthing's fine...:cool:

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Funny moments of autopilot developement:

THA_64.jpg

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Funny moments of autopilot developement:

THA_64.jpg

Just once, Id like to see a launch like that continue with a perfectly normal ascent after pulling out of the death spiral.

Dgatsoulis, are you hearing me?!?!?! ;)

Oh, and my due contribution to this thread:

picture.php

Testing doesnt always have to be boring ;)

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
If anyone has ever wondered what happens if you use UCD to attach 2 SRBs to an XR2...
e7qyNnl.png

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, No screenies and I really didn't run the whole mission. I did the departure from Europa, sling shot around Jupiter, and then did the burn to get into LEO at 300 Km at Earth 16 days later. I then threw away the scenario file.

But a 2.5 hour continuous burn of those EHEs, that was a pretty sight.

Dantassii
HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
What d' you mean by "threw away the scenario file"?:)

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I sorta remember this recent incident when, for some reason, I couldn't launch the Atlantis, even with full power. When I started, the shuttle just shot up to the top of the tower for no reason, and then fell back on the launchpad with a resounding CRASH!
Then, as I have mentioned before, I couldn't get off, and so, out of pure boredom, I jettisoned the SRBs on the launchpad, causing the ship to fall through the launchpad onto the ground with another CRASH!
Then, before I had done anything, all of a sudden, the ship was in orbital space!:lol: I was like "What the :censored: :lol:!!" and when I looked back, I could see the SRBs falling into the Earth's atmosphere as if I had been on a normal trip:tiphat:! Really, it was HILARIOUS:rofl:

I think that was a glitch

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantassii

Reaction score
What d' you mean by "threw away the scenario file"?:)

I mean I shut down Orbiter, didn't save the post-scenario file, deleted the scenario start file from my computer, and cleared my Quicksave folder. I then went back to building my Lunar Station.

BTW, I just finished mission 211 this past weekend. I'm up to 3-5 missions a week now.

Dantassii

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Just once, Id like to see a launch like that continue with a perfectly normal ascent after pulling out of the death spiral.

[OT] I remember seeing a test of an anti-missile system where the test missile did a few spiral turns before speeding off to intercept the target. The reason for the spiral was to 'waste' DV to stay in the testing area.

And yes, it was an awesome sight. :thumbup:
[/OT]

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[OT] I remember seeing a test of an anti-missile system where the test missile did a few spiral turns before speeding off to intercept the target. The reason for the spiral was to 'waste' DV to stay in the testing area.

And yes, it was an awesome sight. :thumbup:
[/OT]

Skip to 1:35 to see that:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-e0b_Y4sJY"]Future Weapons - THAAD Missile - YouTube[/ame]

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This + UCGO Container + XR-Cargo Wrapper (optional) + 1 free cargo slot = doomsday machine.

----------------------------------------------------

I actually tried something like this, but instead of spawning space ants, I rigged cargoes to spawn XR2s when they landed. I was flying an XR-5, (which can hold 40-ish cargoes) on the OMP server. I also had a lua script to drop them at 1-second intervals. The other people on the server were not pleased.

----------------------------------------------------

I later repeated the phenomenon with cloud generators:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=31884
They MUST have been AAAANNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY!!!!:lol::rofl: