Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Pablo49

Reaction score
Wait, you've collected enough ender pearls and Blaze powder to open the End allready!?! We should all gather together and take the ender dragon on in one big climactic battle.
It's not hard to get the materials. I've been stocked up to go for awhile, too. (4 stacks of blaze rods. :))

But anyways, I have a couple double chests full of various potions, setup a proper enchantment table, and you can get easy exp from the blaze grinder. So we are all set for heading off to the end once it's working. Preferably get as many of us as we can to go, set up beds and chests there and such.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sandstone can look good when used with other building items. Looks especially nice with a frame made of logs.

2011-12-20_11.18.17.png

I have no idea if this is still a problem, but it 1.5 and earlier there were "funny trees". Sometimes there was a piece of wood somewhere up the tree that was not straight up the trunk, but kind of hidden in the leaves one or two blocks off. Easy to miss (sometimes even impossible to see). I don't know if this is still an issue.
Oak trees above a certain height have branches, if that's what you mean. As long as there is still wood in the tree somewhere, it won't disappear. Only unsupported (greater than 4 degrees of separation through a chain of other leaf blocks IIRC) leaf blocks decay.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
IN OTHER NEWS
I have located the stronghold and activated the End Portal. Unfortunately, the portal took me to the Nether instead. Theoretically the newest build of Multiverse fixes this, and I'll be updating the plugins tomorrow morning when the server pop is low. Just be warned that if you take the End Portal you'll not end up where you expect.
Followup to this.

If you take the end portal, you'll go to the End, but you'll be stuck there and doomed to live out the rest of your days on a small floating island of obsidian.

For some reason, our End only has one island, and it's in the middle of the map (the dynamic map shows this). Given that the stronghold is *not* in the middle of the map...well, you see the problem.

I don't see anything on the internet that would suggest what's causing this problem--anyone have any ideas?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Followup to this.

If you take the end portal, you'll go to the End, but you'll be stuck there and doomed to live out the rest of your days on a small floating island of obsidian.

For some reason, our End only has one island, and it's in the middle of the map (the dynamic map shows this). Given that the stronghold is *not* in the middle of the map...well, you see the problem.

I don't see anything on the internet that would suggest what's causing this problem--anyone have any ideas?
I've sort-of fixed this by changing the world scaling. If you go through the End portal, you get to the island in the end and the dragon can eat you.

It's not perfect since it still didn't make the obsidian platform or clear out any blocks, but close enough.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you go through the End portal, you get to the island in the end and the dragon can eat you.
Oh, joy. Any plans yet to remove that thing?

(And too bad there's nothing really useful in the End except the inhabitants. Endstone is ugly and obsidian is easy enough to get in our dimension.)

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have no idea if this is still a problem, but it 1.5 and earlier there were "funny trees".

You want funny trees?

2011-12-20_19.45.49.png

On a more serious note, if you complain about hidden wood inside trees, why are you playing Minecraft at all? It's so full of actual bugs I can't even count them all. The behavior of tree generation you described is indeed a feature. The off center logs represent branches. Leaves around logs do not disappear and it's easy to find them if you break a few leaves, or set the tree on fire.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Oh, joy. Any plans yet to remove that thing?

(And too bad there's nothing really useful in the End except the inhabitants. Endstone is ugly and obsidian is easy enough to get in our dimension.)
Given that the dragon is the "final boss" which you kill to Win The Game, you can remove him yourself by killing him :p

On that note, I actually kind of don't like how there's only one ender dragon ever and once you kill him that's it. Seems okay for single-player, but for an SMP server notsomuch.

Which gives me an idea--maybe I can just have The End repopulate/get recreated every week or so?

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
On a more serious note, if you complain about hidden wood inside trees, why are you playing Minecraft at all?

I wasn't complaining at all. I was just saying that sometimes you can miss a block of wood and thus the treetop will remain.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Which gives me an idea--maybe I can just have The End repopulate/get recreated every week or so?

Seems ok to me, if you can get it to work correctly. Just one question: How many spaces will be needed in the commune's Enderdragon Egg trophy cabinet? :lol:

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On that note, I actually kind of don't like how there's only one ender dragon ever and once you kill him that's it. Seems okay for single-player, but for an SMP server notsomuch.

Maybe the egg it drops when killed will be able to spawn a new dragon in a future release. I sure hope so. Lots of experience from that dragon...

Chub777

Reaction score
Seems ok to me, if you can get it to work correctly. Just one question: How many spaces will be needed in the commune's Enderdragon Egg trophy cabinet? :lol:

I believe that there's a mod out there that's similar to a trophy cabinet.

EDIT: Yup. Go here and scroll down to Shelf Mod.

Lots of experience from that dragon...

200,000 XP to be exact. That's the equivalent of killing 20,000 blaze or 40,000 creepers. Is the XP shared or does it go to the person to deals the final blow?

Last edited:

Pablo49

Reaction score
200,000 XP to be exact. That's the equivalent of killing 20,000 blaze or 40,000 creepers. Is the XP shared or does it go to the person to deals the final blow?
Exp orbs are just drops. Anyone can pick them up. Though, you lose your exp when you leave, so we'll need to bring an enchantment table and bookcases with us.

Chaser

Reaction score
I took some pictures around the server tonight. The glorious result (view the full image!):

RIy1O.jpg

The town of Winterhold.

19auy.jpg

In-progress Spleef Arena. Or maybe hard-mode Spleef Arena.

LuH5P.jpg

View of the bay/harbor from the world portal.

4M3M8.jpg

Pablo's Tower and assorted things.

VHPzQ.jpg

The Great Snow Golem protects our fair town.

H1DVx.jpg

The Hideous Staircase of Anguish (tm)

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Damn, the harbour is shaping up nicely. Nice work!

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
As promised, fixed the sky walk so it looks somewhat appropriate:

picture.php

Chub777

Reaction score
H1DVx.jpg

The Hideous Staircase of Anguish (tm)

It looked better before I stripped it of it's extra layer. :)

EDIT: If you look closely at the above picture...

herobrinelol.png

*dun dun dun*

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I believe that there's a mod out there that's similar to a trophy cabinet.

EDIT: Yup. Go here and scroll down to Shelf Mod.
Well, I'd prefer to keep the server as "no client mods required"--simpler that way.