Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
With a situation like that, be absolutely sure your brother isn't one to grief or "help". It really sucks to have your account banned for something you didn't do.

Yeah he's good though. I'll make sure he knows the rules.:cheers:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is it possible to add markers to the server map?
I've build a base in a tundra biome, and some shelters on the way to it, as you can't get there in one day. Would be nice if there would be markers to find them.
I tried this commands, but it doesn't work.
I think I have now given all users the ability to add map markers. If this gets abused in any way I'll remove that ability.

Me and my brother are sharing an account until I can buy one. Can you add us: nickname is nosydog.

:tiphat:
Added

Chub777

Reaction score
I can see a problem with that design allready. Who is going to go round and light all the netherrack, and how much flint and steel will this take?

I've calculated that it takes (approximately) 15 flint and steel to light ~ 1km of netherrack. Since there's 2 layers of netherrack, it would take 30 flint and steel. There are a couple of stacks of flint in the commune and steel wouldn't be that hard to find.

EDIT: Also, who keeps stealing the netherack on my wall prototype?

Last edited:

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've calculated that it takes (approximately) 15 flint and steel to light ~ 1km of netherrack. Since there's 2 layers of netherrack, it would take 30 flint and steel. There are a couple of stacks of flint in the commune and steel wouldn't be that hard to find.

EDIT: Also, who keeps stealing the netherack on my wall prototype?

Creepers

They are getting people as they exit the farms.
Probably should not have built it in a high traffic area

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So... is there anything I can do about my unsupported waterfall problem?

20111218234134.png

Shinrar

Reaction score
So... is there anything I can do about my unsupported waterfall problem?

So here is how water works:
And yes. This is going to sound complicated.

Under certain circumstances, blocks will turn from a "Flow" block to a "source" block. You need them all to be source blocks. The first requirement, is the tile underneath need to be solid (i.e. Dirt/Sand). Secondly, it needs to have at least 2 adjacent source blocks.

The easiest (not really easy... simplest, maybe, in that it has the fewest steps) solution, is to fill your whole "hole" in the water with dirt or sand, and then remove 1 layer at a time, top to bottom.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fill it in and tear it down layer by layer, starting at the corners. Water is extremely annoying to work with.

Chub777

Reaction score
I seem to have ended up at the roof of the Nether (y: 129). If Hielor (if you're reading this) can somehow change my location that would be appreciated.

EDIT: Disregard this message. Solution found.

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hurrah! Thanks for the advice, everyone, I got it to work. Here are a few screenies of my post-fix handy-work.

Living Room:
20111219023900.png

Bedroom with a view!
20111219023921.png

On top of the Beacon, overlooking the commune and the sailing ship:
20111219024308.png

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
EDIT: Disregard this message. Solution found.
Was it something other than /kill-ing yourself? Would be nice to havea fix that didn't involve losing all items.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Was interrupted by a spider while adding a marker for my base on an island to the southeast of the new commune, and it has id:() (in other words, no typable ID.) Hielor, when you find this could you remove it? It can't be removed with "/dmarker delete" because no one has the ID. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Was interrupted by a spider while adding a marker for my base on an island to the southeast of the new commune, and it has id:() (in other words, no typable ID.) Hielor, when you find this could you remove it? It can't be removed with "/dmarker delete" because no one has the ID. :facepalm:
Pro. I'll see what I can do...

Last edited:

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
I guess I settled. Founded my preliminary base near the village and already found some iron and gold, now digging on level 12 for the good stuff.

Now, was wondering, no commands seem to be working, I lack privileges. Not even /help works or is that on purpose?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Now, was wondering, no commands seem to be working, I lack privileges. Not even /help works or is that on purpose?
What commands do you need that you don't have access to?

blane

Deep Space Operator
Reaction score
Uh, I don't know... I wanted to find out what commands ARE available at all :)

EDIT: Sorry. I should check the first post *cough*

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I didn't have any trouble deleting this with "/dmarker delete id:"

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Completely random thoughts that have nothing to do with anyone in particular:
- Stop leaving floating treetops. Seriously. Start axing at the second block, jump on the bottom block and you take care of most of the problem. Don't be lazy.

- Sand is not a building material. I direct you to the Bible, Matthew 7:26, as translated by me for Minecraft purposes: "But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house [of] sand."

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
- Sand is not a building material. I direct you to the Bible, Matthew 7:26, as translated by me for Minecraft purposes: "But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house [of] sand."

Looks like you haven't seen BdoubleO's giant Home Depot...

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Looks like you haven't seen BdoubleO's giant Home Depot...
Ah, for coloration.

Well, in that case...sand might be an acceptable building material in the desert, if you're trying to "live off the land" or "blend in" or something. :lol:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
for the treetops I carry like 10 sand blocks in my pocket, look straight down and jump and place about 4 times like an elevator, then break the branches til I find the top of the tree, I jump over and stand on the trunk and bust all the green I can reach and destroy the trunk about half way and repeat. then I get my sand pile and move on

Chub777

Reaction score
I have a theory about the floating tree tops. You might not have noticed, but underneath the floating tree tops are craters. If creepers explode near trees, the top part is unharmed. Not sure if my theory is true, but it seems possible.

What about sandstone?