How old?

How old are you?

• Total voters

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Age is, to a great degree, a state of mind. I find that people in my generation seem to have aged slower than my parents' generation. Part of this is probably due to having less pressure to marry young and have kids, and partly due to a healthier lifestyle overall. Not so many people smoke as they use to, and more people, especially those of us in techie jobs, tend to spend more time in the gym or in sports.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Top Scorer? 55 and up

N.

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Apart from when playing football, in which case I act like I am about 4.:cheers:

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
All of you old people are lucky, you guys got to experience the space age! There will be hardly anything interesting in my generation, except maybe global warming ;) 15.

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
At least one of the "old people" (45) agrees with you, computerex. :) If for no other reason I will die happy having experienced Apollo in "real time."

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, it was an exciting time, unique I suppose. Thought it would just continue on.

N.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
It's a relief really,

I was worried about how I'd respond the first time one of my pre-23 year olds threw herself at me after class. I've always had a weakness for this kind of attention.

It's a non-issue really. My eldest daughter is going on 12, and the idea of being attracted to someone only 11 years older than my eldest really turns me off. Seems downright pedophiliac.

Thank god(dess) for that. Though I still can't but feel flattered when it happens.

I'm with you, Notebook. I thought the space industry would be fully functional by now. I wonder how many of our generation(s) - talking Space Agers here - are involved with Orbiter for this reason.

I'm really curious about the bell curve that we're going to see out of this thread. Hopefully enough users will do the poll so we can try to infer some things from the results.

For example, what draws the post `80's kids to a Space Sim? Why are there as many post 51 year olds as pre 13? Is this the result of media influence? Imagination?

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I'm with you, Notebook. I thought the space industry would be fully functional by now. I wonder how many of our generation(s) - talking Space Agers here - are involved with Orbiter for this reason.

I'm really curious about the bell curve that we're going to see out of this thread. Hopefully enough users will do the poll so we can try to infer some things from the results.

For example, what draws the post `80's kids to a Space Sim? Why are there as many post 51 year olds as pre 13? Is this the result of media influence? Imagination?

Wanting to be an astronaut when I was growing up really seemed possible.:sorry:

I, like n0mad23, am wondering the same. What does draw younger people to this? The bell curve results would be interesting...

Not just imagination, also a desire to explore, perhaps?

:cheers:

streb2001

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I just remember Apollo 11. I recall watching some black and white shadowy stuff on a very old television. I was 4 at the time. In the 70s we saw Skylab, Viking and the development of the Shuttle and I really expected to see commercial shuttles, giant orbiting hotels and a moonbase by 2001. All we seemed to get were endless wars and a nuclear arms race. What a waste.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm so blessed that I got to watch Apollo 9 (or was it 10?) from my backyard in Yaounde, Cameroon while our nightwatch made a drum.

I got to watch Armstrong step onto the Moon while my family visited my grandmother's cousin in St. Albans, UK.

Sad that O'Neil sounds about as crazy as Tim Leary these days.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Sheesh! I've got kids older than some of you!

Does that qualify me for official "Old Fart" status?!!?

Some of the best memories I have are of the times my Dad & I would be glued to the TV waiting for a Gemini to launch. Anybody else remember the days when a liftoff was an EVENT worthy of national non-stop coverage on every TV station?!;)

I'm 47. Anybody seen my walker?....

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Anybody else remember the days when a liftoff was an EVENT worthy of national non-stop coverage on every TV station?!;)

Those must be the days...Now you are lucky if they do a 5 minute coverage of the Shuttle launches..