SDK Question How to import "pure" C++ code into MS Visual Studio Express

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Notepad++ gets less useful the more files you have in a project. VS code solves that with a directory view.

Not to stray too far off topic here, but N++ can do this as well, in the form of Workspaces and Projects. I used it to organize ColdFuison files in a project last year. I was converting an old in-house application from ColdFusion to .NET. The CF project had 128 modules, and it was very handy to be able to organize it in a directory/tree view.

turtle91

Reaction score
This sounds interesting.
I like N++ much. It helped me in the past checking GB's of log-files and log-file comparing.
I didn't find a directory/tree-view so far in N++.
But this might be related, that my installed version is still from 2011 :facepalm:

turtle91

Reaction score
I worked my way through MS VS 2010 Express during the last couple of days.
Sometimes all went fine, and sometimes it drives me crazy.

I.e. used some existing projects, but deleted the MSVS stuff, just to learn, how to start a new clean project from scratch.
I found out, it seems to be much faster to remove and re-create a SLN from scratch, rather than troubleshooting a wrong configued project.

Yesterday I installed MS VS 2010 Express on my Notebook (Win7), too.
But some strange things happens, every-time I tried touse "debug".
The linker complains about an error/invalid file (I cannot remember the full error-message). So I googled around and found out, that I am not the only one.
Seems to be related with some Windows-updates from .Net which might interfear with MS VS 2010.
Even changing "incremenalt linking" "on" or "off", doesn't make any difference.
But at least I can compile (RELEASE only) on my notebook, too.
Regarding the LNK-error when using "DEBUG", I will further troubleshoot this during the next days.