I finally did a DGIV reentry!

Tommy

Reaction score
where will i get a reentry autopilot. i want one.

It comes with the DGIV, which you get at Dan's Web Page (Check the quicklinks), the same place you get Orbitsound.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
It comes with the DGIV, which you get at Dan's Web Page (Check the quicklinks), the same place you get Orbitsound.

If you flip through the reference computer in the DGIV's lower panel you will find a listing of all autopilot programs in loaded in flight computer.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I never turn off the Hydraulic pressure... Why turn it off?

To prevent the gear deploying if you accidentally hit G during reentry. I burnt cos of that twice and have been turning the hydraulic pressure off since.

Usually, if I forget to turn it back on before landing, I just glide in without the landing gear and try to do as little damage as possible. You can land without destroying your hover engines - or even the closing caps.

kevinvr

Reaction score
Well done,
I am still trying to do it. I normally explode or when I use the re-entry autopilot I get throuhg the atmosphere and then crash into the sea 'cos I'm too far from KSC. :)
Well I'm gonna keep trying till I get it right too. I've made about 4 successful flights to the ISS and docked so I'm glad I can do something right so far:)
Excellent job!
All the best!

wmh829386

Reaction score
well done!!
The first time i reach moon from earth with DGIV, I tried to land 30km from the base because i don't have much fuel left and it ran emty when i was 30m from ground! the captain dead after the ejection:(

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Before Aerobrake MFD existed I did lots of research on entry and I got to achieve a range withing 1000km with no MFD. Entry was one of the most frustrating things for me for a long time. Thanks God Aerobrake MFD exists.