OHM International Space Station v.3.2

Marg

Reaction score
Maybe I`m wrong, but if I remember correctly, ODS adapter was included in shuttle fleet`s meshes, it`s not part of "shuttle bay".
Weren`t there ORGColumbia.msh, etc. variations?
I just remember also I had problems which attachement to use "to attach" shuttlebay module, because a lot of them were used for other purposes.
And they had unappropriate offsets, so that MaxQ effects, or lights were in wrong positions.

Castor

Reaction score
Maybe I`m wrong, but if I remember correctly, ODS adapter was included in shuttle fleet`s meshes, it`s not part of "shuttle bay".
Weren`t there ORGColumbia.msh, etc. variations?

There is an ODS mesh that is supplied with Shuttle Fleet, but you can turn this off simply by removing the "ODS" line from the scenario. In the case of ISS v3.2, the ODS mesh is built into the ShuttleBay spacecraft and this is what is used.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Well, I can live without the Max-Q effects, but I really like the automatic shuttle launch sequence that corresponds to the launch pad effects.

Sadly, this also seems to be associated with the shuttle bay vessel. Is there any insight into how this works. Does it run its own launch sequence, or is is automatically triggering GPC MFD's launch command?

Perhaps one could write a general script for the auto launch sequence?

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, I can live without the Max-Q effects, but I really like the automatic shuttle launch sequence that corresponds to the launch pad effects.

Sadly, this also seems to be associated with the shuttle bay vessel. Is there any insight into how this works. Does it run its own launch sequence, or is is automatically triggering GPC MFD's launch command?

Perhaps one could write a general script for the auto launch sequence?

The shuttle bay vessel has a TIMER line in the scenario file. If that line is missing, along with it missing from the LC-39 vessel, you will see an automatic 9 minute countdown. After that happens you will notice the TIMER line inserted into the scenario for both those vessels and the automatic sequence will not activate until it is removed. This way you can set up your Shuttle stack and wait for the launch window. Save the scenario, go in and delete th TIMER lines and have it automatically launch for you.

The launch will follow the parameters set up in the Shuttle vessel entry in your scenario. By that I mean it will use the entries in there for launch heading, target apogee, and the OMS kick.

I have used the Shuttle Bay vessel with my own station, but ISS 3.2 uses attachment points, not docking points, so some editing of th configs are used. I had to alter the PMAs so they have docking ports so I could dock them to my own station, but the ISS 3.2s PMAs has great detail, and the ODS and MPM are better than the ones included in the Shuttle Fleet package, so I do say it is worth working with and finding a way to incorporate it into your shuttle flights.

Castor

Reaction score
I use the ShuttleBay with all my shuttle launches, but as boogabooga stated, there does not seem to be a workaround for STS-1.

GodAtum

Reaction score
Website
godatum.blogspot.com
Hi all,

how do i replace the default ISSs with this one? I have installed following the doc but still see the default ISS. however when I go to a ISS mission it shows correctly.

DoyleChris

Reaction score
Attaching More Items

I like this version of the ISS but not sure how to get a complete version of the ISS with this version. I know it dosent use docking and im not sure how to get a complete configuration setup.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5633"]US ISS A to Z v.3[/ame]

For the ISS in all it's glory.

lozga

Reaction score
It looks like ISS addon is not compatible with Baikonur surface tiles addon. To be sure I've checked that surface tiles are definitely working (i.e. Vostok addon was OK).
Any suggestions/workaround?

UPD: I've found a solution. You should add baikonur surface tiles text from readme to the file Baikonur.cfg located in Orbiter\Config\Earth\M since ISS addon is using different solar system.

Last edited:

GreyCat

Reaction score
Ok, i know where is the problem. It seems there is a missing guidance file in ISS package.
Here is this missing file, just save it in Config\Vessels\ISSR\ and Zvezda launch scenario should work.

Sorry, I don't understand that it for the file. It is downloaded in an unclear format. Where to take it?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Проще было написать на русском.)Очень хочется построить ISS самому.

Там файл в формате ".txt",но он не открывается.Как вирус,пытается что то запустить...В папке,которую вы указали,нет файлов в этом формате.Я переписал кфг вручную,то что было постом выше,но там нет "флайт плана,"Прогресс" летит вертикально вверх.Буду искать...

Может где-то есть собранный патч?С шаттлами тоже проблема.В ридми написано вызов панели docking через "пробел",но она не вызывается.

з.ы
Я лет восемь не мог понять что догнать по окружности можно используя окружность меньшего или большего радиуса.Огромное спасибо за обалденные аддоны.Пятые сутки живу в орбитере и рассказываю друзьям как летать в космосе.:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Zvezdochka poletela!:thumbup:
Немного смекалки и все получилось.Переименовал txt в сfg,вытащил оттуда информацию,сохранил в txt и все получилось.
Не все умеют это,выложил как патч,возможно кому-то пригодится.

Если не сложно,подскажите с Шаттлами.Что и куда надо поставить чтобы все работало.Модули из аддона я вытащил,МФД появились.Нет панели управления грузовым отсеком и радиаторами,и нет панели управления "кольцом стыковки".

Attachments

• Patch Zvezda.zip
    308 bytes · Views: 19
Last edited:

ghostdog

Reaction score
Onme issue im finiding on the latest stable copy of orbiter is that STS-88's ascent profile doesn't seem able to get into orbit. I have yet to try other ones too. Have the dynamics on SSF4.8 changed enough that the profiles you have listed no longer work, or is there a fix/update i have missed stupidly?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
By "latest stable copy of orbiter", do you mean Orbiter beta?

ghostdog

Reaction score
It's cool o found out that it's the radiation pressure the atmospheric wind model that's messing with it. Turning these off sorts it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acefox1

Reaction score
Diogom, that worked great thanks! At first I was having a hard time because it was telling me the docking port was not open, and I was unable to remove the thermal cover. I finally figured out that the port was disabled in the scenario file. A quick edit, and I was able to remove the thermal cover and dock the MPLM to Harmony!

I have another question, if anyone would be so kind to answer.

How exactly can I retract solar panels? The manual says "A" is supposed to do it. Works just fine for the radiators, I am able to retract those, but the big panels nothing happens. I was thinking I would try to retract the panels on the port side and try to dock a ship onto Tranquility. Would feel safer if the panels were fully retracted rather than just rotated.

I found that it is possible to retract P6 port on STS-116 mission, so I was wondering if again it is a scenario file thing where the ability is locked, much like the thermal cover on Harmony.

Just wanted to add my two cents that I noticed this issue over the weekend as well. Anybody have a solution for retracting the ISS solar arrays?

When I use the S key to switch between the different solar panel stations on ISS 3.2, the A key will only retract the radiators. The only solar panels that retract when using the A key are for Zarya and Zvezda.

At first I thought maybe I had to move the different arrays and articulated joints into the parked position in order to retract them but that made no difference. Whether P3, S3, P4 and S4 are set to parked or auto-track the Sun, they will not retract when I use the A key to command them to retract.

I tried every possible option with the P key to select only the port array, then only the starboard array and then tried selecting both the port and starboard arrays before using the A key to command them to retract but nothing happens when I hit the A key. The radiators extend and retract with no problem.

One other interesting thing I noticed is that the P1 and S1 radiators in ISS 3.2 appear to have 3 radiators each. From the pics I have seen of P1 and S1 deployed on the real ISS they do have 3 radiators each.

When I use the P key to select radiator 1 and then use the A key, radiator 1 extends and retracts with no issues. When I use the P key to select radiators 2 & 3 on P1 or S1, those radiators do not extend when I use the A key. Anybody else out there manage to get radiators 2 and 3 extended on P1 and S1?

Thank you in advance. I've had loads of fun using ISS 3.2 over the last several years.

---------- Post added 04-14-15 at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-13-15 at 10:41 PM ----------

Okay, I figured out how to deploy the #2 and #3 radiators on P1 and S1.

If the solar panels on Zarya are deployed then the #2 and #3 radiators will not deploy.

Once the solar panels on Zarya are retracted then I was able to deploy all 3 radiators on P1 and S1.

I still haven't figured out how to retract the solar arrays on S4, P4 or P6. Anybody know how to do that?

Last edited:

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
I seriously doubt if it is the cause of your issue, if that is what you are asking.

BrenJ

Reaction score
Problem with installation

Hello thorton, I'm having some issues with installing the addon. I unpacked all the required addons first. The issue is, when I unpack ISS 3.2 into my orbiter directory, some files do not go into their folders, They just stay sitting in the main directory and therefore, I can't play any ISS missions. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So my issue may be entirely caused by, well, me.

I'm using some of the ISS modules to construct my own station. I've noticed 2 things so far.

#1: I started out just as the ISS did. Zarya is docked to Unity. However, I noticed that one of the docking ports on Unity seems to be in the "wrong" place. I'm not sure which one it is because I'm at work currently. But while one docking port lines up perfectly, the other seems to be offset in various ways.

Example: Just as a test I spawned a habitat module from another addon. Nothing fancy, just generic modules with CBM's. When i use the scenario editor to try to attach it to the "free/open" docking port on Unity, it doesn't attach at the end of the PMA. It attaches "below". I use quotes because there really isn't any up or down.

Then, I tried to dock an AntaresLR to it. It claimed to be docked, however it was docked away from PMA and on an odd angle. Note this angle wasn't present when I used the generic habitat module.

#2: I managed to open the covers on Unity. But the ports they uncovered don't appear to be able to be "dockable". As in, I can't attach anything to them. Only the 2 PMA's are docking ports in Orbiter 2010 P1.

I tried spawning the S0 truss and found that it has no docking ports of any kind on it. So there was no way for me to attach it to Unity in any way.

Is this something I'm doing wrong? Or a known issue? Thank you for any help.

EDIT: If anyone has any better suggestions as far as custom station building, I'm all ears (errr...eyes?). I'd just like to be able to construct my own. And so far all the generic module addons I've found have been very basic. No way to open hatches, etc.

SSBB4.1 is great. Unfortunately a lot of config files have to be manually created. Granted, it's only a few lines to do it. But it's a big time consumer considering the number of config files that need to be created.

I'm not even sure what I'm looking for exists out there.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Are you using the Unity from Thornton's ISS or my ISS AtoZ. They are different and not compatible (although both meshes were done by me.)

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Are you using the Unity from Thornton's ISS or my ISS AtoZ. They are different and not compatible (although both meshes were done by me.)

I believe Thorton's. I know the paths to the config/meshes is "ISSR/______". If that helps any.

I may just have to do a clean install (ugh) and make sure only 1 is installed. Although I believe I already did that when I created a clean install specifically to build the station. I've just been using the Hyperion LV and Forum Italia's Eridanus to bring stuff up. Along with [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2857"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2857[/ame] to supplement.

That addon specifically, while offering modules, are the thing I was talking about with no opening docking ports, etc. In a way, it removes some of the realism. But it's not a deal breaker.