Iron Hill Project Thread

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Oh well:( Must be a UCGO limitation. Don't worry about it then;)

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

SSK downloaded and implemented. No weather kit:lol: But the seismic sensor should make the Geo team happy:)

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not a UCGO limitation. It's just that not all vessels are programmed to have a skin parameter.

Last edited:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll try it soon...

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

OK, on these minutes I made the Lunar Mission with time warp, to see if I can do it, and good news: it's very easy! I landed at the landing pad #4 of the Brighton Beach base... Now I'll see the test scenario... Can't wait to the real missions!

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I loved the base! I'm in my quarter now. But I've been thinking about EVA's. How we're going to do that? I want to control myself in the surface!

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Shift-X to put your suit on.
All scenarios will be posted here, so you shouldn't have any trouble controlling your UMMU. Just remember to take RickD with you on the rover! (You may have to briefly control his UMMU)

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

And as a parallel discussion, I noticed that "astra", "stellara", and "sidera" all mean "star" or "stars". What is the difference in context, I wonder?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Interesting! I translated Sidera, Stellara and Astra to the portuguese and all of them mean star or stars too...

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Positions still needed
Lunar mission:
I need a copilot

Mercury mission:
Odyssey pilot and commander
Chronus copilot (Lord Wasteland signed up for pilot, but haven't heard from him in a while. Are you still interested in this position?)

Also, I would like to form a Trajectory planning team of at least three, to answer the following questions:
1) The launch was planned for April 25, because the Cosmic Train Schedule website said that date was the next window, but IMFD keeps coming up with May 12. Now, May 12 is fine because it gives us more time to prepare, and Felipi1205 is very happy about it, but I'm curious to know why the two sources disagree?
2) With a May 12 launch, will it be possible to do an Apollo-style figure-8 trajectory if, for some reason, we were unable to land?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
1) The launch was planned for April 25, because the Cosmic Train Schedule website said that date was the next window, but IMFD keeps coming up with May 12. Now, May 12 is fine because it gives us more time to prepare, and Felipi1205 is very happy about it, but I'm curious to know why the two sources disagree?
I think it's because the launch window for Mercury doesn't have only 1 day. The Cosmic Train Schedule is for the beggining of the window, but the launch window of the IMFD (my birthday!) is the perfect date to the departure during the launch window... I'm not sure, but I think it's like that...

RickD

Reaction score
Many thanks to Felipi1205 for the Solar patch! And thanks to him and Pipcard for the other work. It all looks great.

As for the single skin for each ship problem, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but is possible to just change the name of the ship configuration (file or whatever) so that you now have Arrow as one type of ship and Arrow1 as another type of ship (but they both have the same parameters)? Then you could skin each one separately. It would be nice to actually have the names on the ships.

Rick

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Positions still needed
Lunar mission:
I need a copilot

I can volunteer for the copilot job. I'd be happy to ring for the stewardess anytime you need a cup of coffee...

Rick

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As for the single skin for each ship problem, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but is possible to just change the name of the ship configuration (file or whatever) so that you now have Arrow as one type of ship and Arrow1 as another type of ship (but they both have the same parameters)? Then you could skin each one separately. It would be nice to actually have the names on the ships.

Rick

You will also have to create a second set of Textures2\UCGOArrow and another UCGOArrow.msh (that defines the textures) as well, but the Arrow config file doesn't have an option to define the mesh. That's all in the .dll, and it's not really possible to edit that one. (Insert something about "recompiling" here. I'm not a programmer.)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I can volunteer for the copilot job. I'd be happy to ring for the stewardess anytime you need a cup of coffee...

That was half past awesome:lol:
You have me picturing this pretty blond in an apron and cap, trying to withstand 3 Gs forward. I'm...too sexist for my car...too sexist for my car...anyway, thanks for volunteering. See you on the tarmac:thumbup:

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Lunar Mission Roster:
Odyssey Pilot: Felipi1205
Odyssey Commander: Mojoey
Chronus Pilot: TMac3000
Chronus Copilot: Rick D

This phase of the mission is ready to go:) All I need to do is load up some random UCGO boxes to simulate the weight of the upgrade equipment.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

And I thought up a function for the commander...delegation:) He could decide the strategy for the flight in question. Like: TransX or IMFD? When to perform the course correction? What altitude for periapsis? etc, etc:)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Alright. Let me get this straight, we need to land at brighton beach? Or is this a quick spin around the celestial block?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Alright. Let me get this straight, we need to land at brighton beach? Or is this a quick spin around the celestial block?

We need to land at Brighton Beach to "upgrade the hover engines".

(read: edit the Arrow's hover thrust parameter in its config file so it can operate better at Mercury)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Ahh, gotcha.

Assuming I take command when we reach the Arrow here's the plan

Use Align Plane MFD to align the plane of the Arrow with the Moon
Use LTMFD to establish a TLI Trajectory and LOI burn
Once on orbit around the Moon, use Align Plane MFD to move the orbital track over Brighton Beach
Once complete, lower the orbit to 5.00 Km X 10.00 Km
Assuming the Station Crew at Brighton has placed a XPDR beacon the Arrow will use the auto land function to land at pad 4