mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I may have to leave before then, so if Im not there, go to the forum IRC

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Well, no, but thanks for pointing it out:lol:

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Latest update:
Lunar mission rescheduled (last time, I promise:lol: ) New dates: Chronus launches for ferry mission March 24, Odyssey TLI March 25.

So do you guys want to use QuakeNet or Orbiter IRC?
Also, does anyone know how to include on of those countdown timers in my sig?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
QuakeNet is easier, it's the best!
And for the launch time, use the Universal Time (Greenwich time). It's very easy for me to adjust the time using the Universal Time!

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I rather like Quakenet myself. Do we have a third vote for Quakenet?

Chronus launches March 24 at 21:06 UTC:) We'll meet in the chosen chat area at 20:30 for pre-flight and comm checks.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

We shouldn't need a moderator...I hardly expect the five of us to start cussing each other out in the chat room:lol:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Event timer test (trying to figure out how to use it:p)
Iron Hill Lunar Mission launches in: [eventTimer]2012-03-24 21:06[/eventTimer]

---------- Post added 03-14-12 at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-13-12 at 01:36 PM ----------

What do you guys think about temporarily changing our avatars to reflect membership in the project? Sorry if it sounds a little ridiculous, but it would raise awareness of the project, and maybe get a few more people interested:)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
You and Chrothor would use the mission logo, followed by your title. For you that would be Public Relations, and for Chrothor it would be...well, I guess he's sort of an independent contractor. Or, Chrothor, you could join the team;) We still need pilots for the Mercury flight:)

Others would use the logo for the team they are on (solar or geo).

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
T-minus one week:) How are the practice sessions going?
Here is a playback of my latest one. It's Chronus's pre-lunar mission rendezvous with Odyssey, from takeoff to landing. I used no time compression, so watch only if you have about three and a half hours to spare:p

Attachments

• IHP1 Takeoff.scn
    9.9 KB · Views: 6

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Interesting...I didn't know that:)
Thanks for the tip:tiphat:

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Okay, here are some basic rules (none of them apply to practice sessions:p ) :
:) Record all sessions in which you have to make a maneuver or do any burns. No need to record if you are just doing an update. Post a playback of what you did, and the updated scenario file, so that the next person can d/l it and continue the mission.

:) No time compression:p I was advised against this, but completing the mission in a realistic time frame is part of the challenge, and it seems to me it should be quite rewarding. This is in "interrupted" real time, meaning you simply load the scenario every now and then, bring up the scenario editor, hit Date, then "Now", and then save the current state over the scenario file. This way no one has to leave their computer running for three and a half months:p If a burn comes at an inconvenient time, just do it as soon as you can, then update the scenario.

:) It should go without saying that if you die, you are off the team, whether it's through your mistake or someone else's. So let's try real hard not to kill anybody:p Now I'm not out to create a permanent VSA here, so if you die in this project, you are of course welcome to join the next one (no details yet--still classified:) )

That's pretty much it:) Again, first posting of the scenario will be March 24. Thanks to all involved and good luck:thumbup:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Do you know the time that we're going to do the Lunar Orbit Injection? I can't do the LOI if it's during the morning (school...)!

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Not yet, but like I said, if you miss a critical burn, just do it when you can and then update;)

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

But if you have to miss a burn, do try to do it and update as soon as possible. A little fudging here is inevitable, but I'd like as little fudging as we can possibly get by with;)