Iron Hill Project Thread

RickD

Reaction score
I'd love to, but unfortunately, that is exactly the skill I'm working on right now. Let's just say that the stewardess won't need to use the toaster.:mad:
I'm happy to leave the driving to you.

Rick

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
About to post the first series of practice scenarios for Vanguard pilots on OH, but they include a modified SAS config file with docking freqs, so Crothor I need your permission before posting;)

chrothor

Reaction score
As I said in my last update, the code is free and open : use anything included as you like, as long as you clearly document WHO did WHAT (I'm serious :dry:)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Will do;)
And many thanks for the addon:yes: This saves us an extra ship and shaves about 7 km/s of dV off the mission. You saved our butts bigtime:lol:

chrothor

Reaction score
Besides, just as I also previously said, you can modify the IDS and XPDR frequencies in the scenario file, thus limiting the number of files to mdify, distribute and keep track of ;)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Indeed, but this way makes it easier for future missions:)

With the lunar phase primed and ready to go, and I'm sure the team is chomping at the bit to fly, I'm considering moving the departure date up from April 2 to March 26. What say the team members?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

At work now, will post the practice pack on OH when I get home this afternoon:)

Last edited:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, how we're going to send instant messages between us? We could use the Orbiter Chatbox... We need of something like that for messages between the pilot and the commander, right?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I can set up an IRC channel, and those interested can join...kinda like a live ISS broadcast

http://webchat.quakenet.org/
type in a name and under channels type
#Iron_Hill

only TMac and commander will have +o unless he says otherwise

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I've never tried anything like that, so I'll need some time to try it out and get used to it.

The rescheduling won't be official until the rest of the team okays it;)

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Make that the 24th, 'cause that's a Saturday and I'll be home...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You can reschedule the lunar flight, that's OK for me!

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

And the browser-in chat is very, very simple...

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
It would be cool if RickD could see what was happening in my Orbiter in real time...

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Vanguard Practice Missions posted on OH. My first Orbit Hangar post!:cheers:
I did the credits, hit submit, and then realized Felipi1205 wasn't in there. Oh, balls, I knew I would forget somebody:facepalm:
Thank you so much Felipi for the very nice shoulder patches, and I'm terribly sorry I forgot you:( I'll go back and put your name in the credits as soon as the mods make the add-on public.

RickD

Reaction score
It would be cool if RickD could see what was happening in my Orbiter in real time....

The 24th is ideal for me.

If you are feeling adventurous, we could experiment with a free VNC-type connection like TeamViewer where you essentially broadcast your desktop and those connecting can view it. This can be done securely so that no one can get into your machine. I personally use a VNC system to control a media server computer that doesn't normally have a keyboard.

Otherwise, be very descriptive on IRC...

Rick

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
I love the idea. Unfortunately, my Orbiter install is on my mother's computer, as mine runs Linux. I talked to her about it, and she was not crazy about anyone having even the slightest access to her computer:(

So, IRC it is. I need to do some practice chats with it...I'm available from 6 pm EDT until about 10 pm EDT. Who can meet me when?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I love the idea. Unfortunately, my Orbiter install is on my mother's computer, as mine runs Linux. I talked to her about it, and she was not crazy about anyone having even the slightest access to her computer:(

So, IRC it is. I need to do some practice chats with it...I'm available from 6 pm EDT until about 10 pm EDT. Who can meet me when?

I am, here's the details

goto webchat.quakenet.org
under nickname type Tmac3000 (or whatever you choose to be called)
under channel, type #mojo_corner

I'll give you a rundown of the basics, and answer any questions you have

Last edited:

Jarod

Reaction score
You can use Skype to share a view of the desktop with a contact, just like you would with a webcam. Very useful.