nu-uh! I call commander! :p

CMDR Mojoey
Weight: none of your damn business :p

Okay, now we are getting somewhere:lol:

Lunar hop roster so far:
Odyssey Pilot: Filipi1205
Odyssey Commander: Mojoey

Chronus Pilot: TMac3000
Chrouns Copilot: open. Who wants to fly with me?:)

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OK, so mojoey is my commander. What's the flight plan? This is going to be very, very interesting...
And I didn't noticed before: I'm not the only astronaut with 14 years here!

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

OK, a possible flight plan:
1-Odyssey TLI
2-Mid-Course Corrections
3-Landing Operations
4-Maintance cargoes (food and water, oxygen, fuel) unloaded
5-Hover Engines Upgraded
6-Liftoff!
7-Trans-Earth Injection
8-Back to the LEO, waiting for the Trans-Mercury Injection...
What do you think?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Sounds good. Here's the schedule:
April 1: Chronus mission: KSC to Odyssey for crew delivery, followed by return to Cape Canaveral
April 2: Odyssey departs Earth for Luna
April 6: Odyssey arrives at Luna. Unload consumables, begin upgrade.
April 8: Finish upgrade, depart Luna
April 12: Odyssey arrives at Earth. Chronus from KSC to Odyssey to recover the crew. (No point in leaving you in space for another two weeks;) )
Depart Luna April 8, arrive Earth April 12

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I just need to come back to the LEO and you'll dock?
That's very, very easy!

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is all supposed to be done in real time. No time compression!:p Now, real time lunar flights have been done before, and somebody even did a real time flight to Mars IIRC. There are two ways to do this:
Interrupted Real Time: Load up the scenario once a day, go into Scenario Editor and click "Date" and then "Now". Then exit, save the Current State file over the Iron Hill Project file, and your computer will be free for whatever you wish.
"Real" Real Time: Leave Orbiter running continuously. Not for the faint of heart. I've only done it once, in a ten-day round trip to the moon. Pros: less bug-prone and extremely immersive. Cons: ties your computer up for a very, very long time, and if the computer crashes, we are all screwed:shifty:
Each pilot is free to choose whichever option works best for him (no females on the crew yet that I know of:p)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is all supposed to be done in real time. No time compression!:p Now, real time lunar flights have been done before, and somebody even did a real time flight to Mars IIRC. There are two ways to do this:
Interrupted Real Time: Load up the scenario once a day, go into Scenario Editor and click "Date" and then "Now". Then exit, save the Current State file over the Iron Hill Project file, and your computer will be free for whatever you wish.
"Real" Real Time: Leave Orbiter running continuously. Not for the faint of heart. I've only done it once, in a ten-day round trip to the moon. Pros: less bug-prone and extremely immersive. Cons: ties your computer up for a very, very long time, and if the computer crashes, we are all screwed:shifty:
Each pilot is free to choose whichever option works best for him (no females on the crew yet that I know of:p)

first option! My computer locks me out at midnight local time, so interrupted time is best.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Real time, even to Mercury?

from here

Well, there won't be any paperwork...we're having a hard enough time finding pilots as it is:lol:

But the immersion of real time...even interrupted real time, I find too attractive to resist:)

I think interrupted is a good compromise:yes:

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Something curious I noticed: CTS website says the next Mercury window is April 25, but IMFD keeps coming up with May 12. Is this something I am doing wrong with IMFD, or should we perhaps reschedule?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey!!!! May 12 is my birthday!!!
And I'm not sure about the launch window...

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Here is my own space suit, as I'm going to see the Sun from Mercury:
picture.php

I can improve this soon, as it's just a simple test...

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
But the immersion of real time...even interrupted real time, I find too attractive to resist:)

I think interrupted is a good compromise

What if you need to do, let's say, a TLI burn, and that corresponds to a time when you're asleep? Not everyone can wake up in the middle of the night. What if they have parents? Surely you won't advocate sneaking around in your house at that time?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
You are right of course:yes: This is something I have wondered about before.
I'll do my best to arrange the missions so the burns come at convenient moments, though it might be a wee bit trixy:p

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

If nothing else, you can do the burn when it's convenient and then set date to "Now", then save the mission. No time lost, no realism lost, and no need to be up at 03:00:)

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Iron Hill Minutiae

The place to discuss aesthetic/ceremonial details about the upcoming Iron Hill Project. Like logos, spacecraft skins, etc.

I'm kicking around an idea for a really cool looking shoulder patch, but I'm not ready to post it yet.

Can someone make skins/repaints with the spacecraft names on them?
1st Arrow Freighter=Odyssey
2nd Arrow Freighter=Columbus
1st Vanguard=Chronus
2nd Vangaurd=Hermes

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'll do that, but in a few hours as I'm at school at the current moment.

Do you want the shoulder patch logo to also be on the spacecraft?

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
And I can do the instruments of the ground, the space suits and other things...