Iron Hill Project Thread

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
First mission activity this morning!:cheers:
Drove the Azure rover out to Chronus's parking area, got the cargo loaded aboard the ship, then drove back and rejoined the crew at the hangar. Boring to be sure, but important:)

Recorded the whole thing, but unfortunately, the recorder does not seem to pick up UMMU actions, so I have no recording to post:(

I will, however, post the updated scenario file this evening. Feel free to look around, but please don't make any changes until the mission starts this weekend.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
It is indeed:cheers:
Here's what we'll do:
Launch is at 21:33 UTC, so we will report to the tarmac (chatroom:p) at 20:45.

We drive out to the runway in an Azure Rover (I'll drive:) ), and board Chronus.

A few minutes before takeoff, the flight crew will prepare the ship for launch by closing the bay doors and all hatches, etc. We'll request ground and local airspace clearance.

21:33:40--Main engine ignition

After docking, Felipi1205 and Mojoey will board the Odyssey. RickD and I will then undock, transfer the cargo, and begin reentry procedures. TLI will be the next day, about 24 hours later.

Again, everyone needs to show up in the Quakenet chatroom #mojo_corner at 20:45 UTC. Please tell what local time this is for you, so I'll know if it is convenient for everyone. For me it will be 4:45 pm:)

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
Tmac, I'm afriad i have to resign from this mission, my orbiter hates me and won't run.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
What seems to be the problem?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Oh dear, now we need another person for base crew:(
Any takers?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

The other thing we must have is pilots for the Mercury flight. We can fly the Odyssey ourselves in a pinch, but someone has to take Chronus home after her mission is complete: we can't spare the fuel to drag her all the way to Mercury:shifty:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Problems, problems and problems... But don't worry! We have time and several orbinauts here, right?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Not so many problems, really;) Just two really big ones:( Fortunately we've got all the way until May to solve both. I'll PM Chrothor and see if I can get him to join the base team.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

And one team member will be sitting out the lunar mission anyhow, as we only need two to install the new engines.

RickD

Reaction score
TMac, I'm also at 4:45 pm (I'm on the US East Coast, so I hope that makes sense). Looking forward to it. Since I'm a novice at all this, I'm assuming that I'll be just tuning in to your flight description and that I can't really do anything from my Orbiter system.

Rick

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
oooo, my orbiter is weird, its working now XD, i guess i can attend :p

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Don't...DO THAT!:lol:
Jeez, what a relief:cheers: Glad to have you back, Lydia. You really need to look into this problem, though. Any idea what caused it? What happened when you tried to run Orbiter?

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

TMac, I'm also at 4:45 pm (I'm on the US East Coast, so I hope that makes sense). Looking forward to it. Since I'm a novice at all this, I'm assuming that I'll be just tuning in to your flight description and that I can't really do anything from my Orbiter system.

Rick
I'm afraid so. My Orbiter install is on my mom's computer (yes, I'm 33 and live with my mom, so there:p) I talked to her about the desktop sharing thing, but she understandably not thrilled about it:(

I'll be as descriptive as I can though. And you'll enjoy the playback: wait till you see me do a direct ascent and get from the ground to Odyssey in less than 2 hours:)

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Okay, first posting of the real scenario, just so everyone will have it. We are all still in the hangar right now. The XR-5 nearby is NOT Chronus, so don't board it:p That's Hermes, the backup ship.

There's an Azure rover nearby, waiting to take us to Chronus's parking area next to runway 33.

Again, feel free to mess around with the scenario all you want, but please don't save any changes:tiphat:

I'll post the update and recording tonight after Felipi and Mojoey are safely aboard.

Last edited:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When we dock with the Odyssey, I'll take the command of the spacecraft, right? I'll check the systems and start the gravity wheel for tests after the docking of the Chronus...

Lydia

Cynder Fan
Reaction score
GRRRRR, Orbiter is a bitch, it wont work about 10 mins ago, now it does LOL, but the problem was a addon xD

---------- Post added at 15:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

now i need to install the mods for this mission, what are they again? XD

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
And don't forget Chrothor's SAS addon:)

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

When we dock with the Odyssey, I'll take the command of the spacecraft, right? I'll check the systems and start the gravity wheel for tests after the docking of the Chronus...

Actually, after docking, the scenario will pass to Mojey, who will set up the flight using LTMFD (since he's the commander), and then you will take her out tomorrow using the course that he has plotted (since you are the pilot:))

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I'm not a master with the LTMFD, I always used the IMFD without autopilot to reach the Moon, that's very easy...