Question Is orbiter.dansteph and orbiterfrancophone down or have problems ?

fleurenf

Reaction score
Most certainly does look good.

Keep it going Dan :thumbup: I'll most certainly be looking forward to obtaining the final version of UCGO Arrow freighter as it is the favourite of mine. :cheers:

Raumfahrer

Reaction score
Hi Dan, thanks for your creations! You made orbiter a real travel of the mind! I am comming back to orbiter after years of not playing it, I played since around 2005 and I've always remembered the good times I had trying to catch some planet and having fun with the crew in your DGIV.

Your addons are a vital part of orbiter and now I am comming back to play waiting to experience orbiter with your addons again.

I could find the sound addon but not the DGIV one. I will be waiting for your new site to keep playing this fantastic game.

The Arrow Freigther seems so good!! I will have to take time from holidays to play it! LoL

Thanks for your work, there are lots of ppl around the planet that are very thankful to you.

dansteph

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbiter.dansteph.com
Redoing the language and skin code (not finished yet). The selectors work again.
Dealing with two languages is not a call for simplicity ;)

2013-07-25_235726.jpg

My plan is to assure the basis: the forum so I can open it again (probably tomorrow) then I'll continue with the other stuff : downloads, pages, and more features.

Oh, and I added a chat: (available only to members with at least 20 posts)

2013-07-25_052156.jpg

Last edited:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Redoing the language and skin code (not finished yet). The selectors work again.
Dealing with two languages is not a call for simplicity ;)

My plan is to assure the basis: the forum so I can open it again (probably tomorrow) then I'll continue with the other stuff : downloads, pages, and more features.

Oh, and I added a chat: (available only to members with at least 20 posts)

Hey Dan, are you gonna beef out the user profiles too? Like what we have here on O-F. I'd love to be able to set my HASSESA profile picture there on your forum like I did here. It would be an awesome addition, for me atleast :p

Last edited:

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Brand new Orbiter player (user?) here. Rumor has it that the DGIV is the best way to learn the program. (And uMMU and UCGO seem to be necessary for maximal enjoyment of the simulation? The amount of information here is a little overwhelming; I feel like the odd in-law at a close-knit family reunion:) I never saw the old Dan's Orbiter Page, but the new one looks very nice.

2Gm over cxc

Reaction score
Brand new Orbiter player (user?) here. Rumor has it that the DGIV is the best way to learn the program. (And uMMU and UCGO seem to be necessary for maximal enjoyment of the simulation? The amount of information here is a little overwhelming; I feel like the odd in-law at a close-knit family reunion:) I never saw the old Dan's Orbiter Page, but the new one looks very nice.

Don't forget Orbitsound 4.0, hosted and created(I think?) by Dan as well.

I would also highly recommend the XR series. http://www.alteaaerospace.com/

The DG-IV is a very fine craft, and I really like how it simulates life support and power management systems. It really adds to the immersion and cozy sense of "being" in space, protected from the elements - or maybe lack of elements is more accurate :lol:

But the XR-2 is my go-to SSTO. I love piloting it, and I especially love the scram system. Doesn't hurt that it resembles the SR-71;)

P.S. It can feel very overwhelming at first. My advice, depending on what your goals are, would be to take it one step at a time. Don't worry about the advanced stuff until you get there.

My list went something like this:
[0.5] Take off, circle, and land without leaving the atmosphere if you have little real or simulated flight experience.
1. Get into stable orbit. Then learn how to adjust your orbit in height and plane.
2. Re-entry. (The DGIV and XR will burn up if you come in too hot, so you can start off learning good habits. aka, not coming in landing gear down @ 8km/s with a slope of 20:thumbup:)
3. Re-entry with targeted base landing.
4. Rendezvous with ISS.
5. Go to, land, and return from the moon.
6. Mars (now you should be learning how to use transX - which is great for learning as it allows you to visualize what it is you are doing in transferring orbits.)
7. Sling shots.
8. ????????
9. Fly directly into the Sun. (First thing I wanted to do, but it took time to make it there.)
10. Profit.

Maybe throw in some non-SSTO stuff.

Last edited:

Shifty

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks 2GM! I'm actually doing some version of that checklist. I've been a KSP player for a few months, so I've got some head start in that I've got a good conecptual grasp of orbital mechanics, including rendezvous and transfer, so mostly I'm learning Orbiter's interfaces and then focusing more on the aerodynamics stuff, like re-entry and flying bricks.

(I will say that retro-thrusters and hoverjets make landing on a non-atmospheric body a breeze.)

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Hi Dan. Glad to see the site.

What is your plan for the Francophone add-ons?

I downloaded perhaps 90% before the site went down. I have the zip files together in a folder. Certain add-ons like Ariane 5 are not anywhere else, and I fear loss to the community.

Do you need help to upload to Orbiter Hanger? Will you have your own special place for them again?

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Can somebody please reupload the Well and no matter Ariane series?

I need Ariane 5 version 5 for making a mission...