News London 2012: Missiles may be placed at residential flats.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Why fly one RC there? Have dozens. The microcontrollers to make a RC plane GPS guided cost about $10, even if you use no bombs, the panic would be there.

Planes themselves cost a bit.

Unless you're flying foamies, you can count out electrics. Even the biggest batteries today will only last 5-10 minutes. If you want range, you need to use nitro or gas. I often fly my plane for 15 minutes at full throttle and still have a few minutes worth of gas...

If you wanna load anything onto the planes, expect them to be in the wingspan range of 2 meters. Even so, you won't be able to load more than an extra kg on them. Such big planes already cost in the 400€ - 600€ range, including the engine and servos.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

As for RC planes:

I'd prefer quadrotors...

No, no, just no.

Not for another 20 years. The batteries just don't have the capacity these days to get the thing flying for more than a few minutes. Helis and multi-copters are also very slow and if you want to launch your strike from outside for the protected zone, the quads won't be able to reach the target or do any terrorizing.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Such big planes already cost in the 400€ - 600€ range, including the engine and servos.

Still cheap compared to the missiles selected to shoot at it.

Use a old motorcycle engine and you save a lot of bucks in the material costs, at the cost of a higher mass.

A pulse jet would of course be another option there. ;)

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why not just train some pigeons, or African swallows?

Because the English Kings have a long tradition of being experts on the matter of swallows.

Spaced

Reaction score
Ok that rules out swallows, African or otherwise. European swallows clearly couldn't carry enough explosives and the supreme commander of the UK's armed forces has superior intelligence on the subject. And African swallows naturally don't migrate.
I can't see how coconuts would have the means or the will and missles would become redundant as all we would need is a sturdy wooden ball. Perhaps we should beware the fat jihadi pigeons though, just in case.

We're remaining hyper-vigilant for other such nonsense.

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Still cheap compared to the missiles selected to shoot at it.

Use a old motorcycle engine and you save a lot of bucks in the material costs, at the cost of a higher mass.

Weed-whacker motors tend to be motor of choice, but they often exhibit problems. When you bank the plane, the motor sometimes does not get lubrication and stalls.

Besides, you can find some good deals for 50 cc aircraft motors if you buy used or chinese engines... in the 200€ range with shipping if you buy new.

That will power a 3 m wingspan model (Cessnas, Pipers Cubs,..) and those have quite a bit carrying capacity, at least 2 extra kg. Still small compared to the mass of the plane.

The problem is that you can't do such a model out of foam. It has to be wood or better. The kits cost in the range of 200€ and you have to assemble it yourself. You'll also spend some 100 to 200€ for the servos. I'd spend 200€...

A pulse jet would of course be another option there. ;)

Only one person I know of makes pulsejets for RC planes. YouTube channel xjet.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Because the English Kings have a long tradition of being experts on the matter of swallows.

Just got it...

and

I'm getting very slow these days.

N.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Interesting... I smell a law suit here, because these clips, which are very likely, if my DVD isn't broken, not containing any pieces of music, are banned in Germany because the German Music Distribution Rights Cartel GEMA has not issued the music rights for these clips to Youtube.

Ceterum autem censeo GEMA esse delendam.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
That's al I need, slow and sued...

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
That's al I need, slow and sued...

N.

Not you, the damn GEMA. A club with special legal preference, in which only 5% of its paying members can vote about the club activities, resulting in these 5% getting 90% of the income from music rights. It is a terrible Moloch of bigotry and debauchery.

It is completely different to the Britisch equivalent. If you are artist, you have to prove that GEMA is not managing the music rights for your songs. If you release a song as GEMA member, GEMA has automatically the music rights to manage for you. It is worse than the GPL in that viral context.

FADEC

Reaction score
Interesting... I smell a law suit here, because these clips, which are very likely, if my DVD isn't broken, not containing any pieces of music, are banned in Germany because the German Music Distribution Rights Cartel GEMA has not issued the music rights for these clips to Youtube.

Ceterum autem censeo GEMA esse delendam.

http://youtubeproxy.org/ :)

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Sorry, maybe I shouldn't be so flippant about things like this, but...

22767039.jpg

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The military don't care, they get double time and a half to man those sites :p