Project M-II + Negi-5 launch vehicles

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
No, especially when that green color was actually used for the American Delta series from the 1970s up till today's Delta II are also quite similar: http://www.spacelaunchreport.com/thorh10.html

And even when I have never been a Miku fan, I think using her voice for the countdown would be rather amusing..... :hmm:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Small tip:

for long stages it's good to create side faces in segments. Polycount increase is insignificant and you can avoid some clipping issues especialy for camera mounted on the rocket side wall an low relative angle between camera and mesh.

mesh-01.jpg

Other than that rocket looks really good.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Small tip:

for long stages it's good to create side faces in segments. Polycount increase is insignificant and you can avoid some clipping issues especialy for camera mounted on the rocket side wall an low relative angle between camera and mesh.

mesh-01.jpg

Other than that rocket looks really good.
I'm not sure what you mean by "creating side faces", but the picture seems to show a long stage divided into sections. Because I already did that (to mark the intertanks, etc.):

55762548.png

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Since my first stage has LOX/Kerosene propellant, should I add ice/frost to where the LOX tanks are (example: [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3687"]BrianJ's Atlas V[/ame]) to make it more realistic?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Your call. You're the one making it, not us! :p
My understanding of the community opinion: Make it so that you like it, then share it for others to enjoy.

Personally, I love those little details. Makes it a heck of a lot more fun.

NOMAD

Reaction score
It looks like Delta II rocket. Is there any other type of payload fairing?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
There's going to be a 5.39 m diameter fairing and a couple more versions for dual payloads.

NOMAD

Reaction score
Since my first stage has LOX/Kerosene propellant, should I add ice/frost to where the LOX tanks are (example: BrianJ's Atlas V ) to make it more realistic?
It would be nice , AMSO has this detail and that's very amazing. How can we make it?

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It would be nice , AMSO has this detail and that's very amazing. How can we make it?

Picture of ice added as a semitransparent layer, then flattened onto the main image?

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Actually, there will be 2 versions of the textures in the package: one with no decals, and one with Miku-themed decals.
(example: this on the SRB)

And forget the frost.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I have decided to scrap the "two-LRB + two-SRB" configuration. It doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing.

2l2s.png

Instead, the two LRBs will cross-feed.

The cross-feeding effect for the three core boosters can be simulated:
Instead of a propellant ratio of 1:1:1, it will be 0.5:2:0.5. All three will provide the same thrust, so that the core stage is full upon LRB separation.

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
According to the Silverbird calculator, the crossfeeding M-II Heavy can deliver almost 27 tons to LEO, and over 11 tons to GTO (to compete in the commercial launch market).

Last edited:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Nice work! I think my VSA will start building some satellites soon that will ride to orbit on this beauty.

K_Jameson

Reaction score
A very good work. A common bulkhead design instead of a separate tanks in the upper stage can increase the performances, because of an higher mass fraction.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
A very good work. A common bulkhead design instead of a separate tanks in the upper stage can increase the performances, because of an higher mass fraction.
Actually, the M-II second stage is based off this, which has separate tanks.

Yoshiharu Kurihara said:
We saved a lot of trouble and expense by adopting separate fuel tanks [in the H-IIA] for the liquid oxygen and hydrogen. In the H-II, we used a single-tank configuration in the second stage. A bulkhead across the middle of each tank kept the hydrogen and oxygen separate. The single-tank approach saved weight and worked well. But it was a manufacturing nightmare. Part of the problem was the temperature differential between the hydrogen and the oxygen. Adopting separate tanks helped us avoid that and other issues.

Propellant:wet mass ratio is 0.87. (H-IIA second stage ratio is 0.85; Delta IV second stage is 0.88-0.89; both have separate tanks)

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

miicomparison.png

Last edited: