Problem Model from SketchUp looking wrong in orbiter

Malky

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am trying to create my first addon and now I'm at point where I put my simple 3D model into orbiter aaaand... It looks ugly. I can describe what's wrong, so I'll post some images, both from sketchup and Orbiter and hopefully you'll see what's the problem.
If anyone had idea how to solve this, I would be really happy.

This is how it should look like:
gjh1Rzy.png

PLdG2pP.png

And this is how it looks:
uU9M0Ew.jpg

6C9Dtm2.jpg

cFcjYbH.jpg

Thanks in advance for all answers! :)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It looks like some of the mesh sides might be reversed/flipped. Since orbiter sees only one side if it is flipped then you see thru it. I have fixed Sketchup meshes. If you send me the mesh I should be able to fix it.

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
It looks like some of the mesh sides might be reversed/flipped. Since orbiter sees only one side if it is flipped then you see thru it. I have fixed Sketchup meshes. If you send me the mesh I should be able to fix it.

It's easy to do in Sketch Up,simply select face and flip it or select face and oriented faces.
Blue on Sketch Up model is inside side white is for outside.
So to have proper model for Orbiter you need to see only call it white,but default Sketch Up material for outside is lighter than inside in this case bluer material.

malisle

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I see that you have no mesh smoothing in the Orbiter model. I never used Sketchup so I can't help you with technicalities, but some googling will probably take you a long way :) otherwise, great model :thumbup:

Malky

Reaction score
I reversed faces causing problems and now it looks far better, though still not the way I would like :) At some places I would need outside face for both sides, so I'll try to llok up some sketchup tutorials. I guess textures willl help a lot also. And I will look to the smoothening thing tommorow, that might help a lot. So for now thank you guys! :)

otherwise, great model :thumbup:

Thank you, it might be addon one day :)

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
At some places I would need outside face for both sides, so I'll try to llok up some sketchup tutorials.

What you need to do here is to clone the face you want to be 2-sided and flip the duplicate.