Gaming O-F Dwarf Fortress Succession Game: Armorwad - Minotaurs! Goblins! Railguns!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I haven't had much opportunity to play for more than a minute here and there for a while now - midterms are going on. Armorwad shall go on in about six hours.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah, same here

so the goblins are still preparing to take our chain...

Hopefully it'll go better than the last one-player game I did. Five ambushes in one month. 19 goblins. No military because they all bought farms in the last wave of ambushes two months prior. TO THE BURROWS, MY DWARVES!

Edit: And during that ambush a forgotten beast arrived. Can't wait to get back to that save.

KuatYards

Ejection Seat Tester
Reaction score
Hopefully it'll go better than the last one-player game I did. Five ambushes in one month. 19 goblins. No military because they all bought farms in the last wave of ambushes two months prior. TO THE BURROWS, MY DWARVES!

Edit: And during that ambush a forgotten beast arrived. Can't wait to get back to that save.

Sounds like !fun!

I remember my first succesful fortress... lasted 2 years before the goblins came by with 12 cave dragons and trolls with 25 archers... and to complete the !fun! my best soldier (only remaining really) got so depressed (his family was being killed by goblins) that he cut his own head off :facepalm:

at least I learned to place drawbridges at each entrance :lol:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to be a bother, but is our mighty fortress still standing?

It is indeed! There's a holiday, so it's getting along.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

The engraver was just found dead, completely drained of blood. Looks like we have a vampire.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Since we don't yet have that many dwarves I'd check which of them doesn't have the 'dined in a [good quality] dining room' thought and other eating/drinking/sleeping-related thoughts. That worked for me.

Also, I say you shouldn't kill them - lock them away in a safe room instead, to keep the fort alive under the most carastrophic situation :)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
While we're at it, that's some fine work you did on the fortress architecture. That cistern and well is great. :thumbup:

KuatYards

Ejection Seat Tester
Reaction score
Yes, good work on the defenses :thumbup:

Vampire eh? *grabs wooden stakes* let's train him as a warrior, under heavy guard of course. While I was playing adventurer, a single untrained vampire killed me and five others; if we could get him trained, the goblins would have more then just giant crossbows to worry about

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
More platinum. Good grief, our economy is going to be so strange - copper and iron will be priceless commodities while everyone has three solid platinum statues in their bedroom.

Speaking of bedrooms, we have 66 dwarves and 10 bedrooms. Yikes.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Speaking of dwarves, 34 more of them just arrived, mostly babies. Still no metals, though there appears to be hornblende in the depths. The tunnel is sealed off and a note posted:

rad.png

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

We lowered Artlav into the cavern depths with a +pig tail fiber rope+ today, and he claims to have seen tetrahedrite in the convoluted walls. This may warrant an expedition down into the caverns to obtain copper.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
We lowered Artlav into the cavern depths with a +pig tail fiber rope+ today, and he claims to have seen tetrahedrite in the convoluted walls. This may warrant an expedition down into the caverns to obtain copper.

Wait... abseiling is possible? :blink:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That was imaginary. What actually happened was much less interesting: pressed k and looked around. This just makes it seem more dramatic.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We are more than half-way through the year, and focus is still on making habitation for all of our residents, and constructing military facilities. Meanwhile, the main events continue to be no metals and masterpiece roasts.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

We've just come under attack by a wereweasel. He killed a wild boar, transformed into a human and left.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

A ranger has been drained of blood. I still haven't weeded the vampire out.

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We've just come under attack by a wereweasel.

I have once come under attack by a weremonitor. I'm wondering to this day what on earth that is supposed to be...

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
51 additional migrants, largely babies. This is just too much - next time, let's lower the population cap.

I have once come under attack by a weremonitor. I'm wondering to this day what on earth that is supposed to be...

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_lizard"]Monitor lizard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You can also lower the baby limit IIRC.

Yeah, and I always do in single-player. The game becomes much more interesting when a large portion of your economy doesn't have to be devoted to frantically producing beds and food for all the damn immigrants.